Couple quick questions

Participant count
  • Participant list

StreetRacerMX5
10+ year member

York,Pa
Okay,I'll keep this as simple as possible.I want to install an active crossover in my system but have a few quick questions.First one being, Should I even install a crossover? I have a Kenwood KAC-9105D amp and an older MTX RT-X01A crossover.I like the look and want to incorporate it into my system but only if it would be beneficial.I know it's an older crossover and the amp has built in settings but I'd like to see what you guys thought.Next question being how exactly do I hook up the crossover.I looked before posting this but couldn't find any solid information.I know how the RCA's are ran but do I just hook power,ground, and remote to the pgr on the amplifier? Or do I have to ground it where the amp is grounded or a separate location entirely? Do I run my remote turn on from my H.U to the crossover or amp? I apologize if these questions seem stupid.I hate to ask but I couldn't find any information regarding this and I'd really like to know so I can plan my install better.Thanks.

Prolly no need to run the active cross, but if you want to,ground it separate, run the + to the hot to your hu, run the remote off the amp remote terminal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unless you're connecting to a factory head unit with no preamp outputs, using that crossover is redundant. But if you want to use it anyway, you can connect the power and remote wires directly to the amplifier.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.