Couple questions about heads...

the newer Vortec have a different bolt pattern for the intake...

http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=2352&prmenbr=361

That's the intake they mentioned I could use...

There's others I think...

I work at a body shop and one of the guys up there knows the machine shop my dad talked to...Supposed to be the best around here, so I think I'll get the hook up. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/up2something.gif.dd110ecf3ae4b76050d87598f2f8de7c.gif

If I have anymore questions I jump back on here, but whenever I get it done I'll get some pics..

Also they said I would have to get rid of my 20's, my avatar, do they affect the gearing and such?..

http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=2352&prmenbr=361

That's the intake they mentioned I could use...

There's others I think...

I work at a body shop and one of the guys up there knows the machine shop my dad talked to...Supposed to be the best around here, so I think I'll get the hook up. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/up2something.gif.dd110ecf3ae4b76050d87598f2f8de7c.gif

If I have anymore questions I jump back on here, but whenever I get it done I'll get some pics..

Also they said I would have to get rid of my 20's, my avatar, do they affect the gearing and such?..
yes, the #7516....get rid of your 20's and avatar??

yes, the #7516....get rid of your 20's and avatar??

So the #7516 is the air gap intake I mentioned above?...

I was talking about my 20's that are on my car, which is my car in my avatar...

Is the air gap intake a decent intake for power or is there another one that would do any better?

Any of the little stuff I should look into? The riser plate between the intake and the carb? High flow water pump? Transmission cooler? Filters? Plugs and wires?..

So the #7516 is the air gap intake I mentioned above?...
I was talking about my 20's that are on my car, which is my car in my avatar...

Is the air gap intake a decent intake for power or is there another one that would do any better?

Any of the little stuff I should look into? The riser plate between the intake and the carb? High flow water pump? Transmission cooler? Filters? Plugs and wires?..
there's no reason to change the rims...none whatsoever...

the Airgap is an ok intake, basically the same as the regular Performer RPM, but cost more because of the gap...the gap adds no power though...

No riser plate..kills TQ...adds HP on the big end, but you drive 95% of your time in slow/moderate speed.Transmission cooler if you add a torque converter for sure...always with one over stock RPM.

Plug wires, taylor 8.8's are the best...don't by the cheap Accell...plugs, the head manufacture will reccomend some, with proper gaps...usually .035 to .038.

there's no reason to change the rims...none whatsoever...the Airgap is an ok intake, basically the same as the regular Performer RPM, but cost more because of the gap...the gap adds no power though...

No riser plate..kills TQ...adds HP on the big end, but you drive 95% of your time in slow/moderate speed.Transmission cooler if you add a torque converter for sure...always with one over stock RPM.

Plug wires, taylor 8.8's are the best...don't by the cheap Accell...plugs, the head manufacture will reccomend some, with proper gaps...usually .035 to .038.

I wasnt sure about the rims, it was just what they had said. My dad said I just wouldnt want to be out of the street spinning the tires and racing it with those wheels and tires..

Any other intakes out there? Or should that be the last worry on my mind. My dad talked to one of his buddy's that has a transmission shop and they said instead of a shift kit, that I should use the corvette valve bodies and such...

nope,dont redo chevy heads - thin junk

buy aftermarket

I am an avid drag racer and have built quite a few combinations - if you need some suggestions PM me - or I could offer you this one for your ride

motorside.jpg

nope,dont redo chevy heads - thin junkbuy aftermarket

I am an avid drag racer and have built quite a few combinations - if you need some suggestions PM me - or I could offer you this one for your ride

motorside.jpg

Well from what I have heard they are decent to work with, and noone has had any bad comments about them. Polecat recommended them, and the best machine shop around my area said I could get 400+ horses out of that 350 vortec that I already bought. I am not going for an all out race engine, I just need something powerful, but reliable for crusing around the street...

Plus with gas $2+ around here, I'd be better to build a cavalier... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

Vortecs are excellent,I love em

everything else is a waste IMO to invest in

but the vortecs need 350.00 worth of upgrades

Valves,screw in studs,bigger spring pockets,springs,guides

mill and valvejob

add it up and your around 600.00 - allmost the price for a set of Darts

which will be alot more durable -

Vortecs are excellent,I love emeverything else is a waste IMO to invest in

mill and valvejob

I see what youre saying, I havent gotten that far yet but when I do I'll let you know. But when I do get it running and if it does break then I will come on here and apologize to you... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I already have the engine and don't have another 800 to buy heads, still need intake, cam, and carb...plus other little odds and ends...

Thanks for your suggestions though.

Vortecs are excellent,I love emeverything else is a waste IMO to invest in

mill and valvejob

I agree....nice motor by the way... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.