Cost of my Box???

Participant count
  • Participant list

SubCool
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
NY
Hey all, i went to a Car Audio place, and got my system install priced out.

now with wiring installation, everything installation. and Custom box my install is like 450

Question is

How much would all u experts say this box is worth

the Box is:

H13"xW36"xD16"

now from Rear to Front there is a 1" decline to angel the box.

i got two 12" SHiva's going in. Its fitting in my Camaro. HOw much would u say this box is worth?>

Please responde quick, i am having it installed THIS week. So i wanna get haggling on the price before he makes it.

SUb

How much should that box cost...no more than 60 bucks...thats screws, Liquid nails, caulking and MDF.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif Building your own box will save you close to 400 bucks. Wouldnt you like tosave money?

- Steve

is the box ported? if so 400-450 is about right....its a freaking waste of money though....if your nto comfortable with making your own, haggle him down to 300 or so....just so you know, im not a pro that would cost me 20 bucks and take about 1hour, plus a half hour to carpet it....and i garontee they can do that s h i t faster than me.

Originally posted by evo2k3 is the box ported? if so 400-450 is about right....its a freaking waste of money though....if your nto comfortable with making your own, haggle him down to 300 or so....just so you know, im not a pro that would cost me 20 bucks and take about 1hour, plus a half hour to carpet it....and i garontee they can do that s h i t faster than me.
its a Sealed box, and that also include all wires (4gage) and all. But i want to know im not getting ripped for this box. its soo simple.. but i dont feel comfortable making it.

So i was just making sure the box is worth less than 200. ok later

Sub

Materials for that box are less than 50 bucks. A sealed box? And the guy is charging you that much? Either find someone else who's a LOT cheaper or build it yourself because that sealed box isnt worth anything over 50 bucks for materials and he should only be charging you about 100 bucks for labour, or less.

If I were you, Id build it yourself. Invite a couple friends over one day and they will help you build it, Im sure. You'll gain the confidence needed to build your own boxes after you realize how simple it really is...you will never gain confidence getting someone else to build it for you...and you will end up throwing $$$ down the drain for the rest of your life.

- Steve

are they running all the wiring for the subs(rca's and turn on) and power? sounds like they are asking 450 for a sealed box installed, am i right? if thats the case the price is about par for a 'pro' installation, i would never pay that because i can do all for 50...but if your not comfortable doing it, that price installed is decent.

Originally posted by evo2k3 are they running all the wiring for the subs(rca's and turn on) and power? sounds like they are asking 450 for a sealed box installed, am i right? if thats the case the price is about par for a 'pro' installation, i would never pay that because i can do all for 50...but if your not comfortable doing it, that price installed is decent.
ok im just making sure, thanks all- yeah all of that is included.

yeah it is a complex box too

looks kinda like a wedge on its side. ill give a diagram later. thanks all.

Sub

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.