Cooling fans?

Participant count
  • Participant list

sounds_explicit

Senior VIP Member
My rockford power 600.4 gets dumb hot. And its irritating. I know the heat sinks are working but the underside of the amp where the board is is hot also. I'm thinking about building a raised amp rack for the rockford and getting those seaway fans. But damn they are loud.. any other fans out there that are just as good that wont sound like a hairdryer that's losing its bearings?

My rockford power 600.4 gets dumb hot. And its irritating. I know the heat sinks are working but the underside of the amp where the board is is hot also. I'm thinking about building a raised amp rack for the rockford and getting those seaway fans. But damn they are loud.. any other fans out there that are just as good that wont sound like a hairdryer that's losing its bearings?
Are those seaway fans the crossflow kind. I have seen some light builds with 12v crossflow fans and they are not loud.

Are those seaway fans the crossflow kind. I have seen some light builds with 12v crossflow fans and they are not loud.
No. Totally different. I know the cross flow ones. They look like tubular air filters or pool filters. I read reviews on them some say they work some say they can barely feel the air movement. I build pc also but them pc fans really arent strong enough honestly without spending $50 or more for a good one. Just not my thing imo to use in car audio. I want good air flow that's gunna flow air a good foot or two with aggression but without the sound of a airplane lol.

I wouldnt mind grabbing a very strong seaway fan and mounting it as far back as j can in the trunk and then running PVC pipe like pipes to open up right at the amp so that I dont hear the fan motor. But that's my last effort to cool my amps if nothing else co.pares to the velocity of them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.