Cool solution for controlling your amp and other applications

Participant count
  • Participant list

trillest11
10+ year member

Cali
So I have a system in my car, and being an adult living in an quiet neighborhood I don't want to attract a lot of attention to my car or system. But I know myself and often don't turn a thing off in the car before I shut it off, I just turn the motor off. And I often use my remote starter.

I wanted a relay that will shut the system off when the car shuts off, and when the car is started, the system does not come on. You have to press a button to turn it on.

Turns out it's a really easy solution for $4. I have a push button installed. but here is what you need:

1 Channel 12V Latching Relay Module with Touch Bistable Switch MCU Control 1pc | eBay

Esentially your system will operate like your cruise control does now. If you shut your car off and your cruise control is on, it doesn't matter. When your car is restarted you will have to turn the cruise control back on. (I hope this doesn't confuse anyone, your system has nothing to do with your cruise contorl, I just wanted to use it as an example).

Keep in mind that it has to be a push button switch! They are like $.50 at radio shack.

Yeah, I turn it down when I get to my neighborhood anyways. It's the respectful thing to do. That't what you could do for free //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/greedy.gif.5a53e6246569d7ab79867170f3b06629.gif

it's a nice solution.

i've turned the car off with the system cranked, then gotten in the next morning and been blasted out (or walked up to the remote started car and heard it banging).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.