Contest!! Build Best System!!!

T-BirdK
10+ year member

Price range 400-600$ You must have reciever, amp(s), amp box, sub(s), Speakers (average car size of about 6x9, 6x8 or something close), and/or capacitators, tweeters (don't have to be included.)

After one week we will vote on a winner. The winner gets the pride of being the best System builder here!

Post started 2:54 Eastern Standard time 3/9/04 Hurry!!

thats dumb //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smash.gif.499e08a4a35ffaf54f4c8194fb8fe8ed.gif

srry for double post.

ok...

-alpine cda 9807: ebay 150

-cdt cl-61a: thezeb.com 150

-1 Resonant Engineering RE 12 respl.com call for direct pricing, like $70

-box gnomeaudio.com 2 cubes ported @30hz...80-100

-Amp: us acoustics usx4085... $140-180

so, like $590 to like $650. **** good system...4085 will power whole system...2x85 for up front and bridge the last two channels to give 240 to the sub. Good luck, peace

NG

Receiver -- Pioneer 8 track with fm tuner

Amp -- no amp...wouldn't want to mess with the beautiful sound of the 8 track

speakers -- take some foil wrap it over a plastic cup.....poke a whole through some cardboard and run it to the foil, run some clothes hangers to the 8-track. 1 speaker should do it.

*ponders* I think were looking at 20 bucks here total.

COME ON GUYS/GALS!!! Vote for me!! I'm the best builder!!!

"average car size of about 6x9, 6x8 or something close".. hey, kinda like your car!

hm.... i'm calling shenanigans on you... SHENANIGANS!

if you want someone to give you exact suggestions within a certain budget, and have other people pitch in, then do it. making it a contest is just tacky.

abe m.

alpine F1 head unit > CDT Eurosport 3 ways > 2 13" W7's > 2 channel Mcintosh amp and mono Mcintosh amp > AudioControl EQ > Audiocontrol sound processor

There, look at me im kool, i came up with the best system ever. Yay for me.

I think pl8er is winning so far come on guys, I only said 6x9 and 6x8 cause I dont know of any normal car speaker sizes. I've already found what i'm gonna buy I'm just seein what yall can do, and if you dont think you can handle it, thats just your problem. On the last day Ill post what I think is best. So try harder!

ok...-alpine cda 9807: ebay 150

-cdt cl-61a: thezeb.com 150

-1 Resonant Engineering RE 12 respl.com call for direct pricing, like $70

-box gnomeaudio.com 2 cubes ported @30hz...80-100

-Amp: us acoustics usx4085... $140-180

so, like $590 to like $650. **** good system...4085 will power whole system...2x85 for up front and bridge the last two channels to give 240 to the sub. Good luck, peace

NG
What a coincidnece.......all the brands that YOU use.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/sick.gif.b1847c8dabbfeeddbcf1a78052249e10.gif

I think pl8er is winning so far come on guys, I only said 6x9 and 6x8 cause I dont know of any normal car speaker sizes. I've already found what i'm gonna buy I'm just seein what yall can do, and if you dont think you can handle it, thats just your problem. On the last day Ill post what I think is best. So try harder!
So I see our judge is going to be a real pro here boys and girls!!!

Just messin with ya by the way.
Adam :hilarious
yeah, i was like...WTF... i've used plenty of brands...and what i've ended up with seems to be some of the best that i've used. (if not the best for the money i've used) AND, i don't use RE at the moment, and i build my own boxes. They're just some great products/choices for the money. peace

NG

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.