considering new speakers

uncfanforlife07
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Raleigh, NC
im planning in the future to upgrade my factory bose speakers in my altima, i just bought a pioneer premier w3002spl and will most likely need some good speakers to even out the bass, i listen to mostly rap but would like some speakers that have good highs, i dont think i will need much bass from the speakers bc of the sub, im not looking to spend a huge amount of money on them bc i will have atleat 4 6.5's to replace and prob 2 6x9's. i dont have the money yet but i want to plan ahead so i can get some when i have the money. any suggestions would be great. ive been reading up on the rainbows but i think 6 of those would be to expensive ( not the $3000 ones but the $300 ones ).

wait how many speakers do you need? 6? theirs no way you need 6 speakers. Some comps in the front and rear fill coax's in the back if anything. 6 is overkill.

The pioneer revs are inexpensive and seem to fit what you need. Also try the alpine type-r's (NEW SPEAKERS!! not old!) and the new infinity references.

This is going to be hard to swallow, but you only need 1 good set of speakers and alot of power going to them. You wont understand untill you actually do it. I doubted, untill I ran 150x2 to my MB quarts reference 6.5 comps. Im selling my other set to my friend. I might put some midbass in the rear holes, but it sounds soo good and loud I might not.

i said 6 bc my car has 8 speakers but they count the tweeters as 2, there ar 6.5''s in each door ( 4 ) and 2 6x9's i n the rear deck. so if your sayin i only need one pair where should i put them and should i leave the others in or take them out? in my car ( altima ) i also read that some people take the 6x9's out to allow more bass from the sub to reach the cabin

If you're in the $300 range, go for the Boston Pro60's or the Premier 720prs. Those are two sets that hit really hard and get loud and clean.
x2. Heard the pro60's for myself last week. Gonna get me some pro60's soon.

Put the comps up front. I would say leave all the other speakers for resale. Spend good money on your comps, I would say at least $200. And give them at least 100x2, if you dont you wont hear their true potential.

whats a good amp for the Boston Pro60's, i heard so many good things about these things.

i have a Infiniti 7451a bought from Bestbuy... you think thats good enough?

wait so people actually have an amp powering only the front speakers and tweeter up front? what about the rears. im super noobie so any help is appreciated.

UNCFANFORLIFe, im not trying to steal your thread, i recommend the boston pro60 just because I hear so many good things about them.

It'd be a start anyway //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

You could always add more...Bostons are power-hungry little critters...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.