connecting wires

Participant count
  • Participant list

brooksi
10+ year member

when i am going to hook up my new speakers should i soder the connection?? some people i know have tried twisting the wires together then using electrical tape to connect it, but then their connection comes loose, so i am wondering if sodering the connection is ok to do and making sure it wont affect the sound or anything

Don't soulder, the heat from it can ruin the voice coil. try to get the clip connectors (female) that fit over the connections on the sub. They sell them at your local hardware or auto store, or at Walmart.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.