Connecting speakers to Jensen LxA300 amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

ChazmanCometh

I recently decided to hook my new deck speakers up to my Jensen amp. I ran the speakers to the posi and negative terminals on the amp and use the RCA connected to run from my head to my amp. In the manual for the amp it says that the RCA connectors are for low level input and this other 6 pronged connector was for high. I was told by someone that it doesn't make a difference which you use, but having it connected through the RCA connectors only lead to having hardly any high pitch noises come through only bass. If anyone could reassure me that I need this high level connector it'd be greatly appreciated. Also where i could acquire a connector like this. Thanx in advance.

~Travis~

The RCA connection is much better than the high level input. The high level input is only there for those who do not have a HU with RCA outputs. As long as you have the RCA hooked up just ignore the high level input on the amp - it won't be necessary. Also, is the Jensen a 4 channel amp? If so you will need 2 sets of RCA outs for full use of the 4 channel amp. If not, then you will need y adapters to be able to hook up all 4 channels.

Yea i fixed the problem. My head unit has front RCA outs and rear RCA sub outs. I had it connected to the sub outs therefor it only allowed low level sound out. Once i connected them to the front outs it was back to normal but unfortunately i only have Front fader adjustement. Its only a 2 channel amp

~Travis~

I solved the problem, but i have another question relating the head unit i'm using. I have a Pioneer deh-p6300. This head unit has front amp outs and sub outs. I was wondering if theres anyway to use the subwoofer outs but elimate the LPF set on it for bass so i can have F/R fader instead of just front.

~Travis~

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.