Connect subwoofer with no sub out

Participant count
  • Participant list
I will be installing a subwoofer in my 2007 camry hybrid soon and understand that I am going to have to splice into the rear speaker wires to use my sub since there is no sub out on my factory deck (it is navigation and has a lot of hybrid functions so I don't want to change it out). The question I have is, if I put a high pass on my rear speakers how would the sub get the frequencies it needs? But If I don't high pass at the amp wouldn't the rear fill clash with the sub and sound muddy? Maybe his is a dumb and very noob question, and I'm probably over thinking it, but I want to do it right. Thanks for any help!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.