confusing quesion

FLEX4U18
10+ year member

va
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/scared.gif.f134e57c6c93ccd0f15aa5ac32c7d4a0.gif okay, i wanna hook up 2 amps. one for the subs and one for the speakers. one is 2 channel and one is 4 channel. i wanna use a cap for the sub amp.

are my subs gonna not kick as much with another amp hooked???

what wires and stuff do i need? ? ? ?

i dont see why they wouldnt kick as hard, but a big three would gauruntee that it wouldnt. but if u go ahead and do this make sure your HU has 3 preout, or ur gunna lose a good bit of sound quality through a splitter, so u can run all 6 channels, i reccommend a mono block if the two channel hasnt been purchased.

you mean 3 pairs of pre outs?? i have a v900xd visonik amp. i mean, i am still in the process of deciding if i REALLY need a 4 channed amp. I just dont want bass overcomming the sound from my 4 speakers to the point that all i hear is bass.

The "big 3" is upgrading the electrical system in your car. You will want 3 sets of pre outs, 1 for fronts, rear, and sub. If not you will have to split the signal to your two amps resulting in less signal for your amps to amplify.

You dont NEED a 4 channel amplifier but it sounds better with one.

EDIT: Caps are a waste of time. With a stock electrical system it acts like another battery causing strain on your alternator.

i dont see why they wouldnt kick as hard, but a big three would gauruntee that it wouldnt. but if u go ahead and do this make sure your HU has 3 preout, or ur gunna lose a good bit of sound quality through a splitter, so u can run all 6 channels, i reccommend a mono block if the two channel hasnt been purchased.
Why would a splitter cause a decrease in sound quality?

You don't need a deck that has 3 outputs. You can use a y-splitter to split the signal, and then use the gains on the amp to attenuate the rear speakers (like a fader control)

Oh yeah.....forget the cap, it won't do anything for you.

When you use a splitter your signal is divided between the two cables. For example your head unit puts out 4 volts and has 1 set of preouts, when you use a splitter the each amp will be getting 2 volts not 4. Did that make sence?

So, by that same logic, every time you connected something to your battery the voltage would drop by half. Which means, with all the accessories and everything, that your amp(s) would get less than 1V for power from the battery.

ok. think of it this way;

almost always, when you have a supplied VOLTAGE (v, as in 12v for the battery) try to compare it to water.

V = size of pipe

AMPS (current) - speed of the watter - water pressure

ok, so if you hook a Y up to a water piple. the water amount stays the same. but the pressure goes down. right?

same with electricity. the same sized pipe is used (4v) but there is less AMPS (current - created by HU)

if you draw TOO much current from a source, the V will prolly drop a little, or alot depending on the over-draw. say you hook up 10 Y's to a pipe, and the PUMP ( voltage source) cannot fill the pipes any more... the water will half-fill the pipe.

does that make a little more sense?

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/handclap.gif.0c301076f534e244f0460706894f19e0.gif

my question is thisl;

why do you loose SQ if you have a splitter? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.