Confused - RCA output

Participant count
  • Participant list

sicro
10+ year member

arad
I have this mp3 player: Pioneer DEH 4900ib.

In the user's manual, which you can find here, at page 24 it says that you can use the RCA connectors either as a Rear Speaker Output or a Subwoofer output.

What I want to do is use an amplifier for two speakers and a subwoofer. So, if i set that setting to Subwoofer, won't the player cut off middle and high frequencies? If I set it to full range Rear Speaker won't it destroy the Amplifier's input?. The amplifier is a Magnat - the Rock 800 -2channels--.

Another thing: Why does the player have two RCA connectors(4 wires), if they can only be used for Rear Output? I mean, isnt one RCA enough for a stereo Rear Speaker output? (one wire for left, one for right)

Thank you for taking the time to help me...

With that deck you've only got 2 sets of preouts. A front Left and Right and rear Left and Right. You can change the REAR output to subwoofer and it becomes a NON-fading output. If it is set to rear it will fade just like a normal rear preout. What you're trying to do is run rear full range speakers AND a subwoofer. Since this is a lower model and doesn't have a 3rd set of preouts for a dedicated rear and dedicated subwoofer set of outputs you're going to have to install it as follows:

First start by setting your rear RCA outputs to REAR(fullrange) operation. You say you have a 4 channel amp. Ok, get 2 rca Y-splitters (1 female to 2 male) if you can't internally bridge the rca inputs on the amp. Run one right and one left to half of your amp. Then run the remaining right and left RCA to the input on the other half of your amp. Now, I'm assuming you're going to bridge this half of the amp for the sub. If so it is only going to sound good if your amp has an internal X-over. You could set that half to low pass and you won't have to worry about mid and high frequencies getting to your sub.

My suggestion would be an outboard electronic crossover in the trunk then you could run your entire system on 1 set of preouts and only have to run 1 long RCA cable to the trunk. The rest of the sytem would be short RCA runs from the trunk mount X-over to the other amps.

I hope I helped atleast a little bit.

Ok, I understand now. Thanks, a lot!

The amplifier has 2 channels, not 4(I was thinking about the number of wires when i wrote), so I only have to set the rear to full range and connect the RCAs.

Anyway, the topic can be closed/deleted and thank you, again, for explaining things!

I'm pretty sure he is usuing a Euro version of that deck. The web page he linked states there are only 2 sets. There is 3rd set there but that is an AUX input.

The U.S. version looks totally different and yes it has 3 sets.

bleh didnt see the .eu on that web address, reason i ask was because im doing the same thing cept i have the three rca outputs

It's going to be mounted on a Romanian Car. A Dacia Logan (something designed by Renault - as the people's car //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gifLogan )

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.