Confused about this extra wiring harness running out of my stock HU- Help? Thanks.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Al3xander

NY
The Introduction:

Okay, so I've had great success using these forums before when diagnosing a faulty installation of an amp. I removed that aforementioned amp and was able to restore factory wiring to my vehicle as can be seen here, http://www.caraudio.com/forums/amplifiers/622286-need-advice-proper-installation.html#post8775016

So, today, I revisit the forums in hope of further help. After removing my amp, I have the positive and negative terminals running under my seat still. I don't care about an amp. What I do care about is hooking up a power converter, allowing me to use a traditional plug that will enable me to hook up an SNES and run A/V cables to a new head unit. That part is easy, but let me describe the one thing that I am confused about...

The Problem:

See my attached picture? My stock Head Unit on my 2007 Nissan Versa has three "batches" of wires plugged into it? From my research on eBay, every wiring harness kit, only includes two "batches" of wires? Such as referenced here, Car Radio Stereo Wiring Harness Antenna Adapter Combo for 2007 2014 Nissan | eBay

So, what is this "third" batch all about? I understand that one is for the antenna, one is the wiring harness for the stereo, but this third one... what is it? And how would I go hooking it up to a new head unit if I even need to? As you can see here, all the HU's that I'm looking at, only have two "batches", such as this one... New Pioneer AVH 270BT Double DIN 6 2" Car Stereo CD DVD MP3 Bluetooth Receiver | eBay

The Summarized Question:

My 2007 Nissan Versa Head Unit has three "batches" of wires running into it. Every HU I've seen only has two wiring harness attachments, and every wire harness kit I've seen, also only has two included (both linked). This third one, what is it and will I even need to hook it up to the new HU? (refer to pix)

So, anyway, thanks for the help, guys! Sorry for being so verbose, but I am an English teacher after all, and I wanted to be as thorough as possible. I look forward to the advice/help!

It's weird because in the videos that I'm watching, such as this one,

In the second link, he called it "the two connectors" but that was it, and what are the two connectors? Why do some stock Versas have it, but not other ones and how does this affect installation?

Left Plug: Speaker wires and power/ignition
Middle Plug: Sat/Com wires

Right Plug: Antenna Wires

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk
Sat/Com wires? What are these things that you speak of? What does that mean? I'm not familiar with that lingo. A basic google search yielded results that referred to XM/Sirius Radio. Is that what it is? So, if I understand correctly, that means these wires will enable a HU to have those features? In essence, they're meaningless to me and do not have to be hooked up to the new HU when I do the install, correct? I mean, they're meaningless to me now since I don't even have any sort of satellite radio in the stock HU either.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I stop being lazy and the holidays are over, I'll take apart the dash and disconnect that wire to make sure that's what it is. When I test it out, I'l post my results here. Once again, thanks for the help. guys!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.