Cone area of 9 15inch l7's

Hmmmm....pretty sure the op wants to work within the operable limits of the sub, not push them as far as they will go as long as they can take it.

It almost seems like you want to impress people that you managed to destroy your subs because of negligence. Personally I wouldn't be telling people I bottom my subs out on a regular basis. Cause if you think a sub that bottoms out sounds good....you have issues....lol.

Hmmmm....pretty sure the op wants to work within the operable limits of the sub, not push them as far as they will go as long as they can take it.
It almost seems like you want to impress people that you managed to destroy your subs because of negligence. Personally I wouldn't be telling people I bottom my subs out on a regular basis. Cause if you think a sub that bottoms out sounds good....you have issues....lol.

I wanted to take the Kickers to its limit since I didn't pay nearly as much as retail except the Solo-X and the newer L7, those two received proper care and tuning. The L5 is more or less of a bastard sub so I gave it hell, the two other versions of L7s I got for cheap and it was my fault from testing an amplifier that I know it's too powerful for it, but oh well, I don't miss it. The old Kicker Comp went to battle with my home theater and survived movies such as U-571, Independence Day, The Matrix, Face Off, Gladiator... I had a big living room during college so I need to turn it up just to get going, plus I had house parties almost every weekend, quaking the block with Lil Jon & The Eastside Boyz. I had the newer Kicker Comps (the version before the ones you can now find at walmart)... four 10 inchers and they were so-so, oh what am I kidding... they sounded terrible. Those Solo-Xs though... highly recommended if you're silly with the volume control. Don't expect excellent sound quality... expect lots of bass.

What I'm trying to say is I am a fan of Kicker. Not hugging any nuts... but we get along pretty well.

I can do better for $7000 in subs...lol. I just don't have $7000 to spend just on subs....lol.

Hell yeah I'd get me some Pierce Audio 6k, they look like a beast!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.