Concerned

Registered
10+ year member

Alabama
Possibly someone can inform me (vaguely) on how ebay'ers are able to sell high quality products so cheaply. I want to be reassured that I'm buying a legitimate product. I'm just kind of curious about how the sellers are able to sell so cheaply and still make a profit buying their equipment from the manufacturer.

Yeah, I'm paranoid, but just want to know my dollar is well spent.

Most Ebay sellers are legit. Here is a list of how they can sell high price products for so much less than retail:

1. They are not retailers, they don't have many employees to pay for, no store and property to pay for, and all other costs that comes with owning a retail store.

2. Many are not authorized dealers. They are wholesalers. They buy the products at a bulk rate from the manufacturer or another wholesaler/supplier.

3. Since they are not authorized dealers they are not bound to contract to sell the products at a certain rate like retail dealers are.

be aware of "B" class items, stuff that looks OK, but actually has a small defect from the factory. It is labled B but do you think the seller will tell you if it is???

Check their feedback ratings and note all the negatives they have. If they have quite a few bad comments, i wouldn't reccomend them. I always try to buy from people with a high number of sales and are classified as a 'store'. But its always some type of risk buying on line.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Registered

10+ year member
Registered
Alabama
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from