computer help needed.

matrxx dude
5,000+ posts

TEAM DB UNIT
tifton ga
i keep getting these pop ups here latley that says my computer is infected and i need to spend money with these different programs,i know its all a scam,my question is how the hell can i get rid of this crap,i went and deleted all my cookies,did not help,rebooted,looked in programs and could not find it,what else can i do.

hmmm if i remember i had these types of viruses and they are absolutley horirble to get rid of since you tried your virus removal already i would just go through the system and delete anything you added lately.....it can be long and hard but thats pretty much it i would go use system restore that is the fastest that should work if not press f8 and try last known good configuration try it and inform me got lots of others

did those work? inform me so we can fix it if it doesnt //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

oh its one of those type of popups go to msconfig and click startup and if you see some program that looks suspicious running try and find it and delete it but disable all those programs and it probably wont popup until you activate the program that has the virus

I use adware to remove tracking cookies and or malware and it works great, adwatch is good too, it alerts you when anything in installing itself and the user didnt approve it, for pop ups I use ad muncher, it works great, I never get any pop ups, and i dont even have it blocking everything yet, I love using admuncher. For scanners I use the avg free virus scanner, and I also started using avg anti spy ware I think its called and it finds whatever ad ware doesnt (isnt much), yea it slows my connection down alittle bit, but thats why I use high speed anyways //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif good luck with it, if you install and run these programs I can almost guarantee whatever you have will be gone, theres links in one of the above posts, if not search through yahoo or Google, theyre easy to find, good luck and let us know how it works out---Dinty

Its called spyware lol. Its not a virus(most of the time) and it wouldnt be as easy as to uncheck it in the startup. Run some spyware programs and get rid of it lol. If that doesnt do it then do a cleandisk, and it that doesnt help...sorry.

stealth.....

1. it can be a virus

2. it is spyware im sure of

3. dont come trying to correct someone and then suggest what they said already

n00b //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

stealth.....
1. it can be a virus
Didn't I say it could be, most of the time its not that hardcore. Since a virus its usually a application/executable file I doubt it would be something as simple as a popup...

2. it is spyware im sure of
Ok......

3. dont come trying to correct someone and then suggest what they said already
You mention virus's then say you know its spyware. If it was a virus and you can uncheck it in the startup then the writer of it should be ashamed. I'm just putting in my two cents here and trying to help this guy out, dont be getting offended because I have knowledge of computers.

n00b //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
AWESOME! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsupwink.gif.129404938effda6ad9cca39e7f4b58a3.gif

All you should get Hijackthis!... This by far is the most powerful free tool I have run across that will keep your computer clean... It bsically keeps track of when prgoram registries have been changed, suspicious changes, etc. It does it system wide so you aren't just limiting the scan zone if you will...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.