Components Speakers on Stock

Participant count
  • Participant list

Cyrus120z

First off I should start out with, I have a 2011 Hyundai Sonata 2.0T with base stereo.

Well I had already got ready to install some new speakers because the stock system is "crap". I was ready to start the install this weekend, until some POS decided they were going to try and steal my App Radio 3 and broke the face plate off. (have to make the note though after a few bruises on their end as I caught them in the act, they are behind bars now so all good there)

But to the point, I hooked the stock stereo back up until I can get a new unit. But the speakers I was to install are.Polk Audio db6501 up front and Polk Audio db651 in the rear. Those were to be powered by a NVX JAD800.4 (not yet ordered and won't be until I get new head unit, waiting on insurance claims)

My question is, should I keep the Polks or should I find something else to use with stock stereo in the mean time. I want something with some good mid-bass when not powered by an amp and not to bright tweets.

Now for some details on my install I will do for the speakers. Doors will/are deadened. I am replacing the factory brackets with my own custom made ABS plastic ones and adding some HDPE plastic spacers. Also plan on using some F.A.S.T Rings from Sound Connection. So everything will be sealed rather tight and no rattle.

I think that covers it all. Thank you in advance for any answers or options. All are welcome, I'm not a Pro and could use the advice.

Since you already have the Polk speakers, why not give them a shot. That is unless you are able to return them & want to try to listen to other sets. They are efficient enough to be able to be used off HU power, just don't expect any authoritative sound out of them with the HU powering them.

Thanks for the reply. Yes I am able to take them back or I got a friend who wanted them. I was actually looking into trying out Hertz entry level with a Alpine KTP-445U but not sure yet.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.