Components for sq car

mesagsxbkr
10+ year member

I am in the process of building my 01 stang up for use in sq comps. I already bought the head unit (excelon) and the sub and amp (elemental designs e12a, tsunami db1100) and now I am looking for a set of components. I am looking for a good set of comps, something that will do well for my sq application. I am willing to spend around 400-600 for a set. Any suggestions?

Maybe look at CDT. I am getting their High Definition 6.5 comps...you can find them online for decent prices and I love their performance. I also like JL's XR line components. It might also pay to look into Adire Audio's Koda components. There are a lot of options...IMO it might pay to try to find members near you and listen to their components and judge for yourself. Good luck!

i would say get a solid set of 2 of 3 way DIY comps. i would look into something like a pair of Lotus Seas mids with a set of LPG Silk dome tweets to back em up. get yourself a solid 4 channel amp to power those 2 and your golden on Sq. well, that's assuming you can run active on your H/u otherwise you'll need a crossover. IMO no factory set of comps with the exception of Rainbow Reference can sound as good as a well build DIY setup.

adam

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.