Components for an S-10 Blazer?

Participant count
  • Participant list

LikeaRock14

Sorry for being a newbie guys, since I imagine the component debate has been hounded to death. Yet I'm looking for a good set for my 91 S-10 Blazer.

A guy from another forum reccomended DLS components, typically this model

http://www.dls.se/english/speakers/ms6.htm

And another. The ones in the link above are better for me, since I'm on a semi-tight budget. I'm really looking for clarity and the most natural sound I can get without breaking $250. I know it's not much to spend when it comes to Car Audio, but being 17, I'm on a budget. Although I'm on that budget, I would still like the best equipment I can get with my money

So what do you all think of the DLS components? I was told they were rated excellent for SQ, and out of most components, produce the most natural sound out of a lot of models. I'd really like to get the cleanest sounding system I can. I know thats's what most people are after, yet I look around at the "systems" at my school and I'm discusted quite frankly.

Currently, my system consists of this...

Pioneer Head Unit

Infinity Reference 4" Plates in dash

Polk Audio db 6x9's in the read

MTX Thunder 5400X Amp

2 12" Rockford Fosgate HE Subwoofers

It sounds fairly good for the speakers not being amplified, but I would like more to go with it. If I don't go with a component set, I'll just get a a small 4 ch. to power all 4 speakers, and a mono block for a sub. I say a sub since the 12" Rockfords are a bit much for me, so I'll be going to a Typr R 10" Alpine, and a 4-500 watt Mono block.

I am by all means an amature when it comes to car audio equipment, but I try to do the best I can. Any information and reccomendations are GREATLY appreciated!!!

Thanks!

Dolan

Oh, I should add. I don't mean $250 all together for all my audio equip., that's for the components alone! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif

I just ordered some DLS R6A's which also in the reference series and a little bit cheaper than the MS6's. From what I was told, the R6A's have a little more midbass, but the MS6's have a little better overall sound quality, as they use the tweeter from the ultimate series. Sounds like the MS6's would fit you well. I will let you know how mine sound when i get them in. Send a PM to tplaya07. He can hook you up with some good prices.

Yea, the guy who emailed me about my post on the other forum told me he can give me a decent price on a set of components.

Ans justsayk, thanks for the heads up too. I look forward to seeing how you like yours

Dolan

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.