components & amp under 600

Participant count
  • Participant list
Yes! you can get a 3 way set of components and an amp on ebay!

Just two weeks ago I found a jl 3-way component set on ebay that went for 350 sold. That leaves you alot of money for an amp. Although, personally if it was me i'd go with either a 3-way jl or cdt component set. I'm a fan of the focals as well, but they seem over priced to me, though they do sound great. Ohh, and they are french.... But anyways. If you are looking for something REALLY high quality, i'd peruse ebay for an hour or two. There are AMAZING deals being had on refurbished MTX 2 and 4 channel amplifiers from this company called "thestereodirect". I know, I know, MTX isn't ultra high quality. The most important thing about an amp is that it doesn't clip and puts out clean power. MTX amps do that, and they can take one hell of a beating. As far as speakers go, i'd go with a 3-way component set from CDT. Either the HD or the ES series. more info can be had at http://www.cdtaudio.com. I just but a set of the "mid-grade" EF series components, and I can't wait to try them out! You can probbbably run across a 3-way component set (ULTRA HIGH QUALITY) for 400 shipped. I've seen 3-way cdt stuff, hd series, go for that last month. Be patient. Great sound can be had for your price range. And don't try to grab the first thing that comes along if your impatient, unless its exactly what you are looking for. Another affordable 2/4 channel amp brand is kenwood. Just remember this, spend 75% of the money on the speakers. Also, OLDER amps can be found at REALLY good prices on ebay. Just be careful. You probbably want to read a few reviews at ecoustics.com or on these forums before you delve into something you can't hear at your local shop first.

Best of luck!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.