Component Speaker Options 2015 Ford F150 XLT

BigRedNole

CarAudio.com Newbie
NC
I am hoping for some good BF deals and in a rush to try to identify what I want/need. I just got this truck over the weekend. The audio system is the absolute most basic thing. Here are the things I am trying to quickly get answered as I scour for BF deals that may let me get everything I need or at least most of it.

1. Component speakers for the front, possibly active. Need advice on where the tweeter should go: Sail panel, door, a-pillar (~$300)
2. 10" subwoofer. Most likely thinking of the SSA Demon in a single FoxBox enclosure (this enclosure meshes well with the truck) ($150 for the sub, $200 for the enclosure)
3. Amplifier(s) for the front and sub. (~$350 for amps)
4. Obviously an updated head unit is required. I have to see how far my money stretches.

Without the head unit, this gets me to $1,000 for the parts + some for the wiring. That is about the limit of what I can do. If anyone has recommendations on what I can get or do, it is greatly appreciated. Maybe some BF deals will get me enough savings to even splurge a bit for the new head unit now.

I am looking at double din. The 4" Sync system is interested to the steering wheel. AC controls are dials. I don't think those are interested to the head unit there now.

I am holding off on the sub for now. Looking at upgrading the heading, front speakers, and amp.

If you want to keep your steering wheel controls, you’ll have to buy an adapter but overall should be easy to swap. I have a JVC in my F-150 and like it. Other guys here can offer more options than I can. Crutchfield should have some deals now and/or Friday.

If you’re going active, it’ll probably be cheaper to buy mids and tweeters separately. I located my tweeter in the door panel in between the window and a pillar. I didn’t want to fab up anything so it was the easiest option. I would suggest getting a 5 channel amp as well for ease of install and room concerns.

I am not sure if I will go active it passive at the moment. This was an unplanned purchase. With BF this week, I am hoping I can score some deals to get everything I need. The sub will come later when I can figure those plans out more. I figure I can get the HU, front components, amp, and install great for about $1000. That is where my budget is unfortunately.

I usually like Kenwood for HU’s but have recently heard some not so great things. I think there is a thread here where someone bought Kenwood and returned it for Pioneer. I would definitely use Crutchfield as they give you free or discounted install gear and have great CS and easy returns.
I currently have Image Dynamics CXS and like them. I hear good things about the entire Image Dynamics line. Also Incriminator Audio components get good reviews for budget comps. I have used Morel Maximos as well and they were good for the price.

I just got an offer to buy a Pioneer 4400NEX for $125. All the installation stuff is about $200. I saw the Pioneer GM9705 is only $200. On paper it is big enough for any of my needs. At a high level, that leaves about $300 for comps

Check out partsexpress and madisound. Others can give you exact part numbers that will work best for car applications. You will want to seal and deaden your doors. For my F-150 I applied deadener to the inside of the outer panel, sealed all the holes with deadener, and applied it to the inside of the door all over. I used mdf to make an adapter for the 6.5 speaker and applied deadener to that as well. It has really helped.

Any recommendations?
massive ct 2 tweeters, crescendo un 6.5s or silverflute 6.5s and a pioneer double din head unit ran active. Pioneer gm 8704 4 channel amp, and voila you are gong to sound way better than whatever components you can pick out especially after a proper tune.

Head unit is the most important, you do NOT place the head unit in the last area to upgrade, its 100% the first thing you upgrade, then add an amp to the stock speakers, they will sound completely different with proper power and tuning they become completely different monsters along with a sub to help the lows. then if you want more, then upgrade speakers.

make sure the SSA demon's motor clearance fits with the fox box. They are pretty small. Also upfiring is pretty crappy orientation so dont expect much out of that foxbox.

Thanks Jeffdachef. I had someone else recommend the same teeters and miss. I am upgrading the head unit with the speakers and amp. The sub will come last now. Lost a deal on a Pioneer 4400NEX. Will keep an eye out for a similar deal.

The foxbox is great in that it will fit well but it won’t yield the best results. I have one as I needed something under the seat (dogs and kid). It does what I need it to though. I purchased the ported version and sealed it up. The tuning on it is way off and so much port noise.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.