Component speaker location and orientation

Participant count
  • Participants list

analogfreq

CarAudio.com Newbie
I am thinking of installing some component speakers into my truck, and have been considering the locations for a while now. Thinking of 2 way, but possibly 3 way.

I think the tweeters will sit well right below the dash, on some panels (side kick?) They have a direct line to the ears. Because of the shape of the door, all the angles, and the lower part of the dash, there may be some horn like gain at this location. I am not sure if this is good or bad.

The 6.5 mid-woofers can install in the doors, in a 'standard' location. This will have the tweeters sitting a little above the MW's, and at an angle that crosses them at maybe 70 degrees. Obviously, different frequencies.

Is is a bad thing that these drivers cross each other in orientation?

There will be active processing before the amps, including delays.

Thanks for any help.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.