component set with clarity to keep up with subs

Dlh_tank
10+ year member

recently i have been on the sideline reading threads for component sets,i must say deciding which set to go withis a killer.im at a stand still with my setup until i find a good comp. set (3). im going to be running a pioneer 5100dvd as my hu,a matts p5 eq, 2 w7 13.5 2 1000/1 450/4 (i know this is all thrown in here just bear with me please). im looking to spend at least 250-300 on 3 sets to at least get something good. the dealers here are suggesting jbl-gti comps,another is talking addictive audio,image dynamics. now asi look through these threads i dont here no jbl brought up at allor addictive audio. long story short im looking for 3 6.5 comps around 250-300 a set so car audio brothers helpa brother out. is there anybody out there that has heard any of the comps the dealers here are talking about.

it all depends on your crossover.

if your speakers are crossed over at 60hz then its gonna be touch to keep up with subs

if your speakers are crossed over at like 150 then its easier for them to keep up

id say boston acoustics would keep up with them

or maybe a 3 way setup

im not a big fan of JBL its like sony

i personally like the sound of focals,polks,infinity,and pioneers.

what amp or amps are you going to use to run the 3 sets of components ? but if i were you i would take and buy one nice set... like some Focal 165 KRX2... or Hertz 165 MLK or some Boston spz60 , either of them with a decent amp to match should get plenty loud enough to keep up and sound good doing it..

I personally did not like the Boiston Pro 60's. The tweeter is too bright and is almost painful at high volume. I bet the GTI's would sound the same. Metal dome tweeters just **** IMO.

The ID ctx sets get loud and have a **** good tweeter for less than $200. Maybe buy the cx series if you want to spend a little more, but frankly if you are going to run 3 sets there is no good reason as you are not looking for SQ so really no need to spend more, IMO.

Additionally, it's very hard to read your post. Use a period, capitalize a letter every now and then, use the space bar and you would get more replies to your posts. Not throwing a rock at you, just some advice.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.