Votes: 15 68.2%
  • Older 4runner

Votes: 5 22.7%

• Total voters

bimma85
5,000+ posts

Can't be ****** ;)
midwest
I am thinking of getting a 1996 or 97 ext cab tacoma. I will have about $1500 left after that hopefully. I was thinking about buying a vehicle for SPL comps and was just curious what you guys think we be the best vehicle do a setup with for a amateur. I am wanting something cheap but still reliable(something I can drive 300 miles each way and not worrying about breaking down) Also I'm hoping to hit some nice scores, but not worried about it too much being my first year. However, if I were to use my truck would it do physical damage to the interior and little plastic pieces.(rattle and break everything apart) as I am paying a decent amount of $ for it.?? Any info or thoughts welcome.

what sanction/class do you plan on competing in?
Honestly I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to do. First off I live in IA and there are never comps around. Probably something that has many comps in NE, IL, MN, MO, and WI. Any recommendations for how I choose out of them all //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif. I see many pretty much use subs as a guide. Like DB's street classes and the usaci 0-300.

Voted for the honda's hatchbacks like the crx style, gets krazy loud with the proper enclosure, plus they have krazy cabin gain.

if you put a wing on it ill have to kill you
i'd go with the CRX, or even a Civic DX or something of the sort
I'd never waste my money on some gay chit like that. It would either be an accord hatch, civic hatch, or crx. Only mods done to it would be audio. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Id use the Tacoma hands down....
Really. So you dont think it would do damage to some of the interior pieces in the truck? I'd really like to do it in the truck... but I don't want **** rattling apart in it. If I could keep the truck I'd have a good amount of money to start building and testing.

ive had two accords and loved them both... i swapped the engine on the last one and it became my little rice and mustang gt killing sleeper. i hate civics if i had the choice, id get the accord

just for shits and giggles what are you planning on putting in there?

Really. So you dont think it would do damage to some of the interior pieces in the truck? I'd really like to do it in the truck... but I don't want **** rattling apart in it. If I could keep the truck I'd have a good amount of money to start building and testing.
In USACi, id take the Tacoma over a CRX for sure. Im not up on the rules of other sanctioning bodies though.

As far as body panels etc, id take everything out from behind the b-pillar. Things rattling kinda depends on how loud you are //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

buy a Termlab...its THE BEST tool/piece of equip you can buy

I have no clue yet, depends on what vehicle it goes in. If I have the space and money I was thinking anywhere from 1 12 to 2 15s. I have been looking into RE mt and sx, some DD, IA, maybe even the new SI Sub. Are the products going to be close to as important as testing over and over and trying many different things. I have much to learn //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif.

In USACi, id take the Tacoma over a CRX for sure. Im not up on the rules of other sanctioning bodies though.
As far as body panels etc, id take everything out from behind the b-pillar. Things rattling kinda depends on how loud you are //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

buy a Termlab...its THE BEST tool/piece of equip you can buy
HEHE I was already thinking that. Because if I used my truck. I'd have money left for a new TL(already have nice laptop), sub, amp, and wiring hopefully. I know an auctioneer that always does building material auctions and within a few weeks will prolly see some mdf floating around auction for about $10 a sheet. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Also what is a B pillar //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif ? Such a newb, I know.

well i had a highly modified 4door i used for rallying on gravel roads... there built like tanks i rolled mine, ran it though barbed wire fences everything, only things that ever gave on it were the tires... and then the tranny so it gave me a good excuse to get a different car... but yes those cb7 hondas are great

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

bimma85

5,000+ posts
Can't be ****** ;)
bimma85
midwest
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies