Comp Pointers

Participant count
  • Participant list

mrmagoo_83
10+ year member

I wasnt sure where to post this.

I am thinking about taking my truck to a comp, just for fun. My systems is more setup for SQ, I think, I dont know.

If someone would take a look at my system and setup (on my webpage), and tell me if you think there is anyway in hell I should even think about going to enter.

THanks

Originally posted by mrmagoo_83 I wasnt sure where to post this.

I am thinking about taking my truck to a comp, just for fun. My systems is more setup for SQ, I think, I dont know.

If someone would take a look at my system and setup (on my webpage), and tell me if you think there is anyway in hell I should even think about going to enter.

THanks
What will matter is the type of competition and organization thats putting this show on. You would probably be in S1-2 in db drag, people are doing crazy numbers there. I believe you should stay away from that class, in usaci you would be in stock I think, there you might do pretty good, Meca you would be in the AS class. That class is hard as well.

Best bet would be to get on a meter before a show if ya can to see if you think its competition worthy.

...good tips...but I too am curious:

How can I get started in competing, even if it's nothing too hardcore? I mean, I have internet buddies with systems that are less than what i have, and they win in their class...so if anyone knows, please post. I'm really interested to see how I would fair with my new system installed. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

make sure u use sound deadining materials and dude u can have the best system equipment in the world but unless u have a good enclosure u can be blown out of the water by some one with Wal Mart equipment man.

J

No matter what, enter any comp you can to get some exposure. You will get a grade sheet and you will see how you scored against the others there. You will learn what you need to do to get better and how you can improve.

Finally, don't worry about what your internet buddies say they have and what they win. Remember, alot of people blow alot of smoke as to what they have and what they might win at comps. Don't believe in anything you hear and only half of what you see! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.