Cold weather and subs

Was just wondering now that its been below painfully cold the past few days.. Is cold weather bad on subs? I just got my system put in and im a little nervous about over running it and breaking it and was just wondering if the cold could make it stiff and not run too well. I usually let the car warm up for a good 5-10 minutes and play some music on low to warm up the subs a bit but im not sure if thats enough

Was just wondering now that its been below painfully cold the past few days.. Is cold weather bad on subs? I just got my system put in and im a little nervous about over running it and breaking it and was just wondering if the cold could make it stiff and not run too well. I usually let the car warm up for a good 5-10 minutes and play some music on low to warm up the subs a bit but im not sure if thats enough
Make sure you give them a little to warm up before you go nutts .. The last few days I've barley been bumping tho .. Hell it takes my car about 20 min to even warm up in this crazy cold we have been getting

Alright sounds good. Is there a possibility of losing some performance though in the cold vs warm weather? Can my subs get louder in warm weather compared to cold weather?
cooler temps will usually wield better performance for example amps will stay ice cold making them run more efficiently. Also cold temps can help alittle on the Term lab but not freezing temps. BUT this weather will more then likely be to cold to be healthy on your equipment.

cooler temps will usually wield better performance for example amps will stay ice cold making them run more efficiently. Also cold temps can help alittle on the Term lab but not freezing temps. BUT this weather will more then likely be to cold to be healthy on your equipment.
Ya today its way below zero.. but in a few days it will be 40-50. I doubt theres a concern with it in the 40s but right now this is some serious stuff lol

Ya today its way below zero.. but in a few days it will be 40-50. I doubt theres a concern with it in the 40s but right now this is some serious stuff lol
yea i beat on mine as normal when its like 50. ive competed at comps in 50 deg weather and never hurt my subs or nothing so that should be fine

I took mine out for the winter. It's no fun to bang in this crap weather. They don't play very loud when frozen stiff either.

I had mine in a trunk and warming up the car did nothing when the temps were under 20 degrees.

I'm gonna hook them up again at the end of Feb or beginning of March.

Ya man i just got everything done and put my car in a few days ago when it was still 40-50 now its below zero and either i got used to it and its not as loud or its really not as loud. Dont get me wrong they still get real loud but it just seems like in this real cold weather they dont get AS loud

Give them time to warm up like everyone is saying. I installed my Type R last week and not only am I still breaking it in but this really cold weather is not helping. I give my car time to warm up about 15-20 minutes before I start turning the volume up

Make sure you give them a little to warm up before you go nutts .. The last few days I've barley been bumping tho .. Hell it takes my car about 20 min to even warm up in this crazy cold we have been getting
you just a *****, Tim. I was gonna make a vid for yalls the other morning of my subs and amp all frozen up and just beatin away with frost on em n **** lol but by the time I got out of town to make a vid it was all gone.

---------- Post added at 11:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 PM ----------

you'll def notice a loss in output while the sub is still all cold and stiff, tho.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.