Cobalt 2 12" Brutus 4th Order BP

2000LaDe
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
ok since i cant cut outside at my place to work on nicks car ive been goin over to my team leaders house from work and working on his install of all the stuff he has bought off me over the past few months.

i won a pair of square brutus 12s and a brutus 1200w amp at the maxxonics show and i sold him the package and told him i would do his install for him.

Equipment

HU- Pioneer 7800mp

Subs - Hifonics Brutus 12s

Sub Amp - Hifionics Brutus 1200w amp

Mids/Highs - Memphis M class 6.5" coaxials (2 pair)

Mids/Highs Amp - JL Audio 300/4

RCA's/Power Wire - Knukonceptz

Extra Battery - Kinetik HC2400

been working on it for 4 nights now about 3 hours a night from like 3am till 6am. this box could NOT have been any bigger than it is and still be able to fit it in the car. had to take off the back door haha. We had Home Depot do all the cuts for us so we didnt have to bother doing it ourselves haha.

ok pics. keep in mind i havent taken pictures of everything but its just some that i have.

PIC-0399.jpg

PIC-0400.jpg

AHHHH HEAT!!!!!

PIC-0402.jpg

start of the box

PIC-0403.jpg

PIC-0404.jpg

PIC-0406.jpg

OOOO and the money shot

PIC-0405.jpg

OH btw the shell of this enclosure is 8.8 cube total. it probably doesnt look like it in the pics but its a pretty big box for a small 4 door cobalt. we litterally had to cut a very small part out of the back deck. take the door off and jam it through cuz it was barely small enough to fit from every different angle. box goes from the VERY back of the trunk all the way to the front. it was a chore but some how i measured it perfect to be able to fit //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

here is what the box will end up looking like

2124thorder.jpg

Ok I see what you did there!

That is funny you had to pull the back door.

I actually just put a 6cuft box in the back of an Audi A6 this past weekend. Didnt fit in through the trunk and I was shocked when we got it in through the back door.

Keep it up man!

Kevin

Getting that box in there has to ****; I had a hard time fitting a 3cu ft box in one...what a ***** it was . More pics; I want to see the finished product...

box specs right now.

8.8 cube total. each sealed chamber is between 1-1.25 cube after sub displacement. port area will be determined after i start adding 2x4's shrinking down the front side till i reach desired tuning like i did with my truck. and ya its cheaper than mdf but only 7 ply but it seems to work just fine. and light as well too so no sag in the bag of the car. yes its not the best material to make it out of but its not an spl monster so it will be ok. will be using undercoating to cover the inside of the box.

same wood my box is made out of looks like.. works great, super light weight. resonance is a little different than MDF but after a couple days you don't even notice. sounds better IMHO.

got quite a bit done today so i took some pics. im still messing with the port to get best output but right now it sounds great. im gonna bring my meter to his house tomorrow night and get to trying some different things out. right now i LOVE the way it sounds for having cheaper subs and only a 1200w amp. no idea number wise what its hitting but my goal is to hopefully hit between a 44-46 on music

FYI i HATE! using this JL Audio amp because they way the connections and stuff is faced.

106_0016.jpg

106_0017.jpg

106_0018.jpg

106_0019.jpg

106_0020.jpg

106_0022.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

2000LaDe

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
2000LaDe
Lafayette, IN
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date