Coating Choices for MDF Box?

DJSlowfets

Senior VIP Member
CA
Ultimately want some type of bed liner not sure what brand or if i should use the stuff in a quart or the spray on. Also very worried about moisture over the years swelling the box so also thinking about doing fiberglass resin on the outside of the box then bed liner overtop? What do you guys think ?

Clear plasti-dip nudes on the box. Be different. Always wanted to wrap mine with chains and locks and get a decal that says dare to unleash the beast. But of course I can not stand rattles; and chains and locks would make alot of those. Can anyone help with that idea?

Clear plasti-dip nudes on the box. Be different. Always wanted to wrap mine with chains and locks and get a decal that says dare to unleash the beast. But of course I can not stand rattles; and chains and locks would make alot of those. Can anyone help with that idea?
Cheap easy way: Fake plastic chains they sell for Halloween, then superglue the links together.

Cool hard way: Get real chain and weld the links from the back side, so you can't see the weld. Put rubber under the chain on a few contact points, and bolt to your box in a spot that people can't see.

That's a wild idea, that would be really difficult

Yeah or wrap the box in mlv or sheet rubber floor like goes in gyms. Then do the tac welding of the chains. But the loose chains seems cooler then a hard chain shaped bar.

Rubber coat the box, then stretch the chain tight on the box and bolt it down, or have a spring from something like a storm door concealed on the back side, holding the chain tight.

Polyurethane(easy to apply and maintain) for a base coat then paint or keep applying the poly periodically.
+1 on this. Jim once recommended me do this and add some counter top paint. Smells awful and takes forever to dry, but makes the box look great and turns it into a little tank.

Flex Stone and Hardener then clearcoat..A little expensive, but my old box going on 5 yrs is just starting to show signs of some wear on corners from wear and tear/sliding

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.