Clock14 = shady character from North Carolina

bosco2023
10+ year member

I worked with this person and agreed to pay half shipping on my 15" re sx 15 d4 and he said he mailed the Harris Teeter money order for 190 bucks Friday the 30 of August. I know that there was a holiday Monday but he texted me when he mailed it but sent a few replies and questions to him but no answer. I'm ready to sell this sub local for 150. Check out my posts. Need this gone. I'm near Hagerstown md 21740.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oatmeal does ****! Why do people only take mo? What's wrong with paypal?
People get screwed/scammed by people, it happens quite a bit. Happened to me about 4 times now. A postal money order is the safest way. A person can say the item didn't arrive or wasn't as described, get refunded, and keep the item. Paypal is almost always in favor of the buyer, it suks

I'm glad I didn't mail the sub. He said he purchased the money order in the afternoon and he would mail shortly after that. He also immediately asked me when I would ship. I replied by text that as soon as I receive it in the mail and then call the store to verify the numbers. He said ok. I then texted him a few days later with pics of the sub being boxed up in different stages so he knew it was being packed right. After Monday or tues last week, no more communication. Maybe I should just keep calling him every hour on the hour. I have nothing better to do really. I mean, he gave me his full name and address.

Last edited by a moderator:
People get screwed/scammed by people, it happens quite a bit. Happened to me about 4 times now. A postal money order is the safest way. A person can say the item didn't arrive or wasn't as described, get refunded, and keep the item. Paypal is almost always in favor of the buyer, it suks
I usually put "Sold as is"(with tons of pics) and pay the the little extra for the buyer to sign upon delivery.Saves me the headache..I hope I never get scammed though,that would suk asss

Don't be a shady seller and post his address to the public. If he doesn't respond to any communication nor do you receive the money order in a timely manner just re-sell it.

And if you do take Paypal. One thing I found out is you must transfer the money out of your account right away so it cannot back fire. I don't know why people let money sit in their account to be scammed.

Don't be a shady seller and post his address to the public. If he doesn't respond to any communication nor do you receive the money order in a timely manner just re-sell it.
And if you do take Paypal. One thing I found out is you must transfer the money out of your account right away so it cannot back fire. I don't know why people let money sit in their account to be scammed.
They can still put a negative balence .. Or pull funds straight from your account if its hooked up through a card or bank

Are you sure about that. They are not authorized to pull from your bank account. I've got scammed and because the seller didnt have funds in his Paypal account they weren't able to get me my money even though PayPal sided with me.

I posted his address to se if anyone lived near his town or knew him. He could be making a deal under a different name but using the same name and addy. I'm gonna repost the sub.

Are you sure about that. They are not authorized to pull from your bank account. I've got scammed and because the seller didnt have funds in his Paypal account they weren't able to get me my money even though PayPal sided with me.
Yes they can do this. I've had it happen to me. They put my paypal on a negative balance once, and once pulled from my linked bank account. I shipped two items to Canada, apparently during the postal strike.

So, you haven't lost anything, no money or merchandise exchanged?
Nothing was exchanged. Just wasted my time and I could of sold it 2 other times since then and those offers fizzled away as those people bought other equipment. He did finally text me back last night after repeated texts and said he would have the money for 2 weeks and asked me if I wanted to trade instead. I'm done with this thread as he has made contact with me. Thank you guys for all the input.

Rich

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

bosco2023

10+ year member
bosco2023
Hagerstown, Md
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies