Clipping

Bass boost doenst boost the signal, it boosts a specific freq. On most amplifiers, that freq is 45hz.
Yes, I know it boosts a specific frequency, but it does so by boosting the signal I believe. Either way, the effect is still the same, more output from your amp. Let me be more specific: when you have a LOC or old/cheap radio and you crank the gain all the way up on your amp and your subs still aren't really getting as much power as they should, bass boost can help bandage that problem. That's the only time I really have ever used bass boost.

If you've tested your system extensively and found your freq curve, peak cabin freq, etc., you can gain by adjusting the bass boost, thats if your system peaks at 45hz. There are products out there that'll let you adjust the freq you want to boost and how much of a curve you want it to boost as well.

Yes, I know it boosts a specific frequency, but it does so by boosting the signal I believe. Either way, the effect is still the same, more output from your amp. Let me be more specific: when you have a LOC or old/cheap radio and you crank the gain all the way up on your amp and your subs still aren't really getting as much power as they should, bass boost can help bandage that problem. That's the only time I really have ever used bass boost.
Yeah, I had to edit my post by adding persay.

If the input voltage has to be cranked that far, then the bass boost isnt the answer. that's when an epicenter needs to be added in order to further boost the signal from the h/u.

Yeah, I had to edit my post by adding persay.
If the input voltage has to be cranked that far, then the bass boost isnt the answer. that's when an epicenter needs to be added in order to further boost the signal from the h/u.
I agree, but welcome to the hood.

My understanding is loud does not clip, but it just means the sub volume is louder at lower levels, so instead of it being adjusted with the rest of the steroes audio, its a little higher. bass boost is the one that hurts you? jkust asking cause my hu has loud and bass boost, and sub ouput vol. and when i tested it with loud on and off, when i get to full tilt it sounds the same
The loud feature dirties up the signal....and if ur loud then u dont use bass boost or loud features lol

Lol I thought this thread was dead a while ago haha, anyways since it's still alive and your on the subject of frequencies, I have run into another problem. I can only hear my subs going on certain songs. I went off and download some frequency test sounds and I found out something quite peculiar. When I play the 10-15 hz sound some if no noise is produced. Around 20 hz my subs absolutely go off and vibrate stuff off of my car. Anything higher and u can't hear anything again. This is strange and it makes me mad, there's only like 2 songs that bring out the potential in my subs. I know it's probably a tuning problem but could someone please explain?

Lol I thought this thread was dead a while ago haha, anyways since it's still alive and your on the subject of frequencies, I have run into another problem. I can only hear my subs going on certain songs. I went off and download some frequency test sounds and I found out something quite peculiar. When I play the 10-15 hz sound some if no noise is produced. Around 20 hz my subs absolutely go off and vibrate stuff off of my car. Anything higher and u can't hear anything again. This is strange and it makes me mad, there's only like 2 songs that bring out the potential in my subs. I know it's probably a tuning problem but could someone please explain?
Ur lpf isnt set right..set it at 80

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.