Clipping indicator on amp...

Participant count
  • Participant list

seatown1two
10+ year member

I'm using a ZED draconia II and I'm wondering how I should go about setting the gains using my ears and the LED indicators. I set the line driver to put out ~2V and set the amplifier gain to match that. I don't see any of the LED's lighting up with those settings. If I turn the gain up a bit more the lights with flash during peaks which I'm wondering if its ok? Obviously when they are solid I turn the gain down but I'm wondering if the flashing indicators during peaks are ok. Channels in question are powering a set of comps with no filter active on the amp.. Any feedback is appreciated...

I'm using a ZED draconia II and I'm wondering how I should go about setting the gains using my ears and the LED indicators. I set the line driver to put out ~2V and set the amplifier gain to match that. I don't see any of the LED's lighting up with those settings. If I turn the gain up a bit more the lights with flash during peaks which I'm wondering if its ok? Obviously when they are solid I turn the gain down but I'm wondering if the flashing indicators during peaks are ok. Channels in question are powering a set of comps with no filter active on the amp.. Any feedback is appreciated...
mylar had the best advice. Since you are using a line driver, I would suggest setting the amp gain to match. How high is the HU vol you are using to tune the gains to the point of a slight clip? have you tried driving a higher voltage to the amp's inputs and lowering the gain? (i don't know the line driver v range or the amps gain range) if you are not getting high enough sound levels to suit your listening habits, you might want to think about upgrades.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.