Clipping and batteries

Participant count
  • Participant list

K9_Candyman

CarAudio.com Recruit
Germany
I try to explain the problem. When i set my gains i always use an oscilloscope, volume 25/35 and still not able to go even one third gain because it clips fast, a friend of mine have like the same build and he can go very very louder than me without clipping. Can the problem be the lack of batteries/electrical? I have 3 100ah agm's and 120a alternator, big 3 done, 0 awg cables and i thought it was enough. tried different oscilloscope but is the same. The amplifier is a stetsom 8000 with 1 ohm load, but before i had a powerus 10k and the same problem. Can be the batteries not enough? at full tilt the voltage drop not lower than 12.6. please help me.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

Similar threads

I would assume they are pretty accurate as long as they are directly tied into the clip circuit on the amp. Having said that, the signal traveling...
Don't recall off hand. Both single dins. One excelon, one not.
1. make sure you wired your subs right... https://jlaudio.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/204374200-Dual-Voice-Coil-DVC-Wiring-Tutorial 2. set...
Even a basic TL072 will do this function just fine. LoL. The joys of comparators!
I would pull the HU and bench test it. Can be done with a 12v battery on a non-metal work bench easily enough.

About this thread

K9_Candyman

CarAudio.com Recruit
K9_Candyman
Germany
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from