Clever box ideas?

Gbob2003
10+ year member

Great Odens Raven
So I'm getting 2 obsidian audio 12"s soon and I was looking into builing a box for them around 30-33 hz. and 3-4 cubes. But I dont want some sh*t everyone else has. Does anyone have some sick ideas on what could make this box unique? Its going into an 03 mustang. I was thinking a 16"x10" chunk of plexi glass screwed to the back of the box with some strobing LED's inside the box beatin to the music but I'm not sure if you guys had any other sick ideas to help me out. Ideas Pleeze!

e9brzp.jpg

SDC10071.jpg

There is a well kept secret that we in the industry have been using for years and my fellow installers will disown me for telling but it brings a whole new dimension to box building and false panel design ,you can buy "flexible" wood from a "real" building supply company not your homeowner type place and it comes in different thicknesses.

Extremely Bendable Wood | Popular Woodworking Magazine here is a link to a story on the stuff I have been using it for some years now and it works great and looks beautiful if you clear coat it at the bend and show it off in your build while covering every thing else people will swear you must have hand carved it or come up with some crazy ideas on how you did it. Man I'm going to installer hell for giving this one away!!

Last edited by a moderator:
oh, sweet, someone figured out how to make it ready-to use... really, it is a centuies old proces, mostly birthed in the nautical industry. steam the wood, manipulate it, set it, and dry it out. you just don't have to build a steam-box this way..... how much more is it to come like that? anyways, you should really have this thread in enclosure and design construction section. i'm sure ram designs would have been right there with just what you need....

what are ou going for a daily sound system upgrade our mainly bass i think after you figure that it should help a bit

I'd do a clamshell although it would probably end up more a bandpass or a mini clamshell.

or a stealth bandpass

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.