CleanSweep v. 3sixty.1 and installation ?s

Participant count
  • Participant list

Red Rocket
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I have a 2000 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi with the stock Bose system in it. I wanted to move all of my gear from my old 1994 to the new car but realized that it wouldn't be that easy because of the stock head unit. In case you didn't know, it uses the GM Class II Data Bus System which is one of the ugliest things to try to mess with. I've decided that I am not going to bother messing with it and look into other options. I've been researching the CleanSweep and the 3sixty.1 but still don't know which one would be best for what I need. I simply want to be able to hook up my sub amp, subs, and iPod (through the AUX input).

CleanSweep

+ Cheaper

+ Simpler

+ Calibration CD does all of the work

- Not as many tuning capabilities (but not a big deal for what I'm doing)

3sixty.1

+ More customization options

- Need a Palm OS to set it all up (and I don't have access to one)

It seems like the CleanSweep would be the obvious choice but I hear so many good things about the 3sxity.1. However, I'm really turned off by all of the instructions and stuff to set up the 3sixty.1 because I don't have the tools or knowledge to do it all.

Also, what other things, such as wires or connectors, will I need to be able to hook up the signal processor? I believe that I just have to tap into the speaker leads directly before the Bose amp for the signal processor.

Sorry for the long post but I wanted to be as clear as possible. I appreciate any help guys.

look into Alpines PXE h650 does not require anything more then a brain and a finger to set up and has tuning options for days
Trust me, I would be all over that if I could afford it. The CleanSweep and 3sixty.1 are the best ones in my price range so those are my only options. I'm a full-time broke college student so money is tight.

Btw, can't wait to get everything back in and hear the awesome sub set up that you made for me. I thought I could live without it but I can't, haha.

3Sixty.1 also works with a Windows Mobile based device, or if you have a laptop, you can pickup a Bluetooth adapter for like $20 and use it for configuration as well.

Also, 3Sixty.1's OEM integration feature does the Auto-Setup that you're looking for.

As far as price, with the JL (from what I've read) you need the DSP as well as the summing device. For that price you can get a 3Sixty.1. Not sure if there are any left, but I got one 2 weeks ago from Crutchfield's Scratch & Dent for 199.99 no tax and free shipping (actually $179.99 after using a $20 off referral code - I can give you one if you've never ordered from Crutchfield before). The only thing that was "dented" was a small one on the underside of the 3Sixty which you don't see when its mounted anyways.

From all my research, the 3Sixty is by far the superior product. And being that you can get it for pretty cheap from an AUTHORIZED dealer, it's a no brainer, IMO.

3Sixty.1 also works with a Windows Mobile based device, or if you have a laptop, you can pickup a Bluetooth adapter for like $20 and use it for configuration as well.
Also, 3Sixty.1's OEM integration feature does the Auto-Setup that you're looking for.

As far as price, with the JL (from what I've read) you need the DSP as well as the summing device. For that price you can get a 3Sixty.1. Not sure if there are any left, but I got one 2 weeks ago from Crutchfield's Scratch & Dent for 199.99 no tax and free shipping (actually $179.99 after using a $20 off referral code - I can give you one if you've never ordered from Crutchfield before). The only thing that was "dented" was a small one on the underside of the 3Sixty which you don't see when its mounted anyways.

From all my research, the 3Sixty is by far the superior product. And being that you can get it for pretty cheap from an AUTHORIZED dealer, it's a no brainer, IMO.
Thanks for the response. That really helps me decide.

I have a Bluetooth adapter that I use with my laptop already so that is helpful. I've heard that it has a lot of problems with Bluetooth but hopefully it will all work out. I'm glad that you told me that it does the automatic set up because that's a huge help and a big deciding factor in my purchase.

Looks like I'll be going with the 3sixty.1. Thanks!

I've heard that it has a lot of problems with Bluetooth but hopefully it will all work out.
I also heard about those same problems. I haven't had any problems so far (knock on wood!), but that's why I stressed getting it from an authorized dealer in my previous post. If it breaks, just RMA and get another one.

As far as additional connectors, it depends. If you decide to use the high level inputs, you just need to tap the signal of each channel and run the wire to the 3Sixty. Or you can use a Line-Out-Converter (you'd still need to tap the signal of each channel and feed it to the LOC), run RCA's to the low-level inputs on the 3Sixty. Hope this helps.

is it true that the remote volume is required for the clean sweep? in other words you use the remote volume instead of the volume on the stock head unit? if that is the case I am going to throw my clean sweep off the top of a building... I'll post a video lol.

is it true that the remote volume is required for the clean sweep? in other words you use the remote volume instead of the volume on the stock head unit? if that is the case I am going to throw my clean sweep off the top of a building... I'll post a video lol.
I don't know but...

video or ban!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.