cleaning up my mistake...

Of course it's legal.. it's look pretty much stock, minus the gunk around the edges.
If you've only been stopped once why change them? Are you gonna retint them but less dark?
He never did tint them, the dumbass spraybombed it.

I'm glad they pulled your idiot ass over. Probably couldn't even see the light through a solid layer of spray paint....

im about to go look for some thinner. I didnt think it would be as thick as it was. I didnt test it on anything before. I just wanted "dark lights" and apparently made a mistake.

don't forget to put them back in before you run to the store to get thinner! would hate for you to get stopped again....for NO lights at all

I'm glad they pulled your idiot ass over. Probably couldn't even see the light through a solid layer of spray paint....
Lmao, I assumed he had just sprayed enough flat paint to tint them.. not actually paint them. Oh boy that's pretty funny.

I would not put paint thinner/acetone on the tail light. One time I put acetone on my headlight, and it basically melted some of the plastic and made it look like ass.

i wouldnt worry about it...id leave it alone until you get stopped again lol...they looked badass how you had them painted..what paint did u use?

a cop stopped me the other day for my smoked lisc plate cover.. i know they arent supposed to be on there, but some douche cops have nothign better to do...i still have it on...and my tails/heads are completely black too and he didnt mention those

moar pics of lights?

AHAHAHAHAHA you're a tard.

1) They sell tinted light covers that can be clipped on over your tail lights. They give you the blacked out look and if you get stopped and told it's a no-no they can come right back off. You can also get them in clear then paint your own template in your own color so some is painted but you leave some clear spots to let the turn signals and brake lights show.

2) Ive read on a way to paint lights using a specific technique where you can tint it without actually completely covering it.

3) Be careful what you use now. Ive been in a similar situation with something else and whatever I used to try to remove some overspray did indeed melt right into the plastic, making it even more opaque and harder to see through. Turned a clear light into a melted blob of opaque plastic.

4) I think you could get away with the light on the right now but it looks like crap.

Of course it's legal.. it's look pretty much stock, minus the gunk around the edges.
If you've only been stopped once why change them? Are you gonna retint them but less dark?
I really like the way they look now. Honestly they were very visible @ night time, but it was iffy during the day. My step-dad made my fix them because if i were to be rear ended it would be an excuse the person at fault could use to get out of the ticket. If i do anything i am going to buy new tail lights and mask both the reverse lights and brake lights. I really like the way they look besides the fact that up close you can tell they were sanded.

You my friend are wrong. Thanks for the input, but i wasnt actually pulled over for them, it was stated by the officer that my lights were illegal and COULD possibly be a problem for other officers..... so you are 100% wrong with everything you said besides the fact that i did indeed spray paint them. You look like a jackass to me haha.

i wouldnt worry about it...id leave it alone until you get stopped again lol...they looked badass how you had them painted..what paint did u use?
a cop stopped me the other day for my smoked lisc plate cover.. i know they arent supposed to be on there, but some douche cops have nothign better to do...i still have it on...and my tails/heads are completely black too and he didnt mention those

moar pics of lights?
Thanks man, i really appreciate it. Ill get more pictures when i get outside and wash/detail my car. I used paint for plastic at wally world. I dont know the name brand.

Should be fine now... go over it with gradually finer sand paper and you should be good...
nG
Thanks, everything is alright. I really like the look of them now besides the fact that you can see i sanded them. I may buy new ones, mask off the section i sanded and the reverse lights and re-spray them with the same stuff.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.