cleaning up my mistake...

budahbuddy803
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Aiken, SC
Well, when i recently encountered a police officer i was told my taillights were illegal. I knew they were, but had not been stopped so i didnt think it was a problem. I used spray paint, not the right paint. I dont have much money and would like to do something about it. These lights are going for $65 a piece at the junkyard, and i dont have an ebay account to buy them for the $25+shipping. I just got out some 60grit paper and sanded. This is what i have done in a matter of 5 minutes.

Do you think the one on the right is now legal?

25192600105_large.jpg

Here is what it is suppose to look like

Toyota_Solara_L_1.jpg

yeah i guess so. I am just afraid of rejection.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

It's not about looks, it's about how it performs. Can you see them on from a distance? If so, they're legal. The distance is dependent on the county / laws and the like... so no matter what we say, it won't matter.

why don't you get some paint thinner let them soak in it.. and why the **** would you spray paint em..
im about to go look for some thinner. I didnt think it would be as thick as it was. I didnt test it on anything before. I just wanted "dark lights" and apparently made a mistake.

BTW The reflective part as well as the light on the side (sidemarker) has to be visible for them to be legal, along with what you've done there. I recommend the paint thinner method along with a really good buff and polish afterwards. The thinner will make them cloudy, so you'll want to polish them out to make them glossy again.

Of course it's legal.. it's look pretty much stock, minus the gunk around the edges.

If you've only been stopped once why change them? Are you gonna retint them but less dark?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.