cleaning a subwoofer

jailhouseracer8
10+ year member

BassHead
I know this probably seems like a dumb question, but was just gonna see if anyone used anything in paticular to wipe off the sub with? I have always just used a dry small cloth, and kinda dusted them off. Is there anything that is recommended or even made to wipe them down with? thanks alot!

i guess it really depends on the cone material. for alum. or plasic, i would just use a lightly dampend rag. i don't know what to use on the paper cones though.

depends what the cone is made of....i would not use anything wet on a regular paper coned sub. but subs like RE, Fi's type r's...i wouldn't have an issue spraying some windex onto a towel then wiping the subs down

Most paper cones are treated with materials to protect from liquids and sunlight.. very lightly damp clothes should be okay.

untitled-1.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.