Classic Camaro or Z/28 Owners ...

Hell yes! Here's my little brother, Justin, with the 68 that used to belong to our dad. He's since improved to a best ET of 7.86. I have a 73 that I've owned since I was 17 (I'm 45 now) and am working on an LS swap this spring. View attachment 27221

I built a pretty 450hp 388 c.i stroker, but forgot a rev limiter and spun some bearings after a 2-block burnout.

View attachment 27222
View attachment 27223
That's a badass ride right there. Split bumper Camaros are THE ****!!

That's a badass ride right there. Split bumper Camaros are THE ****!!

Welll, I gotta come clean on that, Marc. Mine started out as a base coupe (but, with A/C, making it rare-ish). I love that look too, so I grabbed a friend's leftovers and put them on. Here's his 71 w/full Hotchkis suspension & an LS swap.

I had a '96 Z28 that was Red with T-Tops and the LT1 was modified to say the least. Stock HP was around 300 and I was hitting over 500HP at the rear wheels when I was done and it was my daily driver an hour south of Chicago,lol. People think those LT1's are not capable of any HP and it isn't true. Done right they can be powerful but you need to make sure you do it right. Of course people like the LS better but I never had an issue with my LT1 and the modifications done to it. I wish I could find pictures of it but who knows where they are right now. Damn near bought a iirc it was either a '99 or '00 Firebird T/A with a 6-Speed and I wish I had done so as that thing was awesome.

You totally roasted me on the LT-1 upgrade the other day, but now you like the engines. I really like talking to you man, but I feel like you have an edge towards me man. Sorry, if I did something wrong to you. It's all good in my hood.

I said if you read I said when done right. They are a weak engine from factory I will stand by that claim all day long. They are capable of HP that is true. But they are a weak engine from top to bottom from factory.

Mine had major modifications to the block & overall in the engine. Heads were not stock, cam was not stock, intakes were not stock, basically the only thing left in that engine that was stock was the pistons and block. Everything else was upgraded. I bought it on a Friday with 48,000 on it. The very next day in January that engine & trans was ripped out and put on the stands. It just has to be done right. The heads, came and crank were all known to be very iffy on those engines. I wasn't taking any chances since I had access to parts at cost from 3 different aftermarket high performance parts dealers at that time. Including Chevy themselves through my cousin. Chevy had couple parts that were usable in the high performance area but that was it. I ended up selling everything else to someone who was rebuilding a stock LT-1 in a Camaro to sell it. He just added a gasket kit and then sold the car and got his money back as his had less then 30,000 on it when it ended up cooking bearings in the crankshaft bad. The camshaft was toast as well, he bought the car new & never beat on it once which was shocking.

I had aftermarket heads that were ported/polished to the intakes, basically every part but the block & pistons were replaced. I just had the pistons refurbished, new rings, the block was redone & honed out it mic'ed up perfectly along with some other work as well to it to help improve oil flow through the engine. Overall I didn't put as much money into as others because I got things at cost. It dyno'ed at the rear wheels iirc around 525hp. I also had the rear diff gears changed out as well with stronger heavy duty ones, driveshaft was redone, transmission was rebuilt and had a shift kit put in with a different torque convertor.

I don't have an edge towards you when you respond like this. I have an issue when you go on your rants & attack like you do. It is obvious you are then doing what I have said before. Look I had people in my family like that. I've dealt with them all my life. When you are like this we are fine. And no one is perfect we all make mistakes. Just do what you said before, don't do what you have done before with that one item then come here which then gets you going on rants. Nothing wrong with having a beer now and then. I used to when I was younger. But knowing I had alcoholics in my family which can be genetic I watched myself...all except the night of my 21st birthday as it was on the night before Thanksgiving,lol.

First gen Camaro is my absolute dream muscle car. I had a 2000 z28 with T-tops, full bolt ons and cam. Fun car really miss that LS1. The car in “Better off Dead” is what hooked me on that car. Also have a pretty strong fondness to the Bandit TransAm.

Last edited:
The iroc was decent but the opti spark was stupid design. People used them as kit cars, as my New York friend said
Italian reject out cursing
Opti spark didnt come out till 93 with the yes horrible LT1. The distributer cap was under the water pump and they never leak!!

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...