I recently acquired a pair of 10" PIONEER PREMIER subs,

model TS-W1041C, and I'm Know looking for a good CLASS

D AMP.

The Specs of the subs are:

* 800 watts max

* 400 watts nominal

* Single 4 OHM coil

I Was considering the JBL amps, Does the BP600.1

got the power I need? or should I go for the BP1200.1?

Also I got very good comments on MTX amps.

Suggest me which Amp should I Buy and where Can

i Find it at a good price.

Thanks

I'm a fan of Lanzar, so I'll just throw you out a possibility you might not have heard of.

Lanzar Opti1000.1D. This is NOT a VIBE.

This place: http://shop.store.yahoo.com/gigabuyz/opt10001d.html

Has it for 350 + shipping, which is a steal. Personally, I put these amps in a class with DEI. Opti's are drastically under-rated and built like tanks. I have a vibe 1200D which is working fine at this point, but I really really want to upgrade to the opti, I just need to come up with an excuse to do it.

both are ok for what you have, its just that one amp will put out 300W(rms) to each sub and the other will put out 600W(Rms) to each. you have to becareful with 1200watt amp, you'll have a real good chance of blowing the subs out if you don't know what you're doing and put the gain up way to high. if i were you i would look around some more and find an amplifier that will put out 400W(rms) at two channels or an amp the puts out 800watt on one channel. I hate to say this but check out rockford i do believe they have bd800.1 amp i'm not sure. the last thing i have to say is don't just take suggestions from these people make sure you go out and hear the product before you buy it.

Latta

There's no bd800.1, just 500, 1000 and 1500. Unless it's a brand new product.

Kid, a lot of people ask for suggestions here b/c they don't have the opportunity to hear a wide variety of products. I personally have never heard the 1000.1D, but I have had significant experience with optidrive amps an I'm aware that they have always been great products, built to last, under-rated, and capable of sustaining loads more demanding than what they're rated for. Lanzar was building 1/2 ohm stable monster amps when most other companies were only dreaming of it.

People ask for opinons and that's what they get. Very few posts I read or write on here are fact.

For your subs, I would go with a JL Audio 500.1 Class D amp. They put out more power than what the specs say. Good Luck.

take it easy n2audio. what i said was a suggestion. that is all. i wasn't trying to put any one down, but rather give some advise. i'm out here to help every one just as much as you are. if i upset you i'm sorry. but chill out. not every one is out to get you. i'm not a big fan of RF and i was trying think of one of their amps off the top of my head. So don't come after me like that again. As for lanzar, i had a lanzar vibe1200 in my explorer and i loved it. the only thing i'm saying is that you wanna becareful with the amount of power you put out to the subs. Just trying to help protect his investment.

latta

definately buy the jbl 1200d a freind of mine has one and it rocks it is the best amp i have ever heard and i have a memphis class d ......so i say definately go big its always better to have to much power than not enough besides i found this amp for a steal my freind gave over 6 hundered $ for it check this out http://www.caraudiocrazy.com

in my opinion buy this amp if you have the cash then get new subs maybe like eclipse or diamond mac daddy

peace, wynnie24@hotmail.com

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.