Clarion DXZ745MP or Pioneer Premier 670MP

Participant count
  • Participant list

Chris02NeonSXT
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I'm looking to spend about 150 before shipping on a deck. It'll be powering my stock speakers for now, but I may add a sub and amp in the near future. If the funds were available I'd be pickin up an Eclipse 8443 or 8454, but like I said I only about have about 150 to spend. I've basically narrowed it down to these two decks. I understand that pioneer's are very well liked amongst this forum, but I'm also aware there are those few that push for clarion. I like the fact that the clarion has 4 volt preouts, and the 24 bit converter, however the pioneer has the HPF filters, and the pioneer reputation. One thing I have not found consistent answers on is whether the pioneer has 2 or 3 preouts, and whether they are 2.2v or 4v? Can anyone confirm either of these? I've gotta make my decision tomorrow, so I can call ikesound, so if anyone can offer their opinions/experience with either of these decks I'd appreciate it.

I'm a pusher for clarion, the only deck/s will and have owned. Naturally I'll say clarion. Their reputation is a lot better than one or any one realizes. You realy can't go wrong w/either one. Which one has the features that are MOST IMPORTANT to you? That's what it should come down to.

Hey rattle, I see you have an 845. do you have the sirius tuner for it? I just bought one and am looking forward do getting my hands on it. I am replacing an Eclipse so I hope I will be happy with the swap.

Hey rattle, I see you have an 845. do you have the sirius tuner for it? I just bought one and am looking forward do getting my hands on it. I am replacing an Eclipse so I hope I will be happy with the swap.
No I dont have the sirius. Not in the 'ol budget for me right now. I hope to some day. As for the HU its self, I really like it. The music catcher is a neat thing. I put like 5 or 6 of my fav CD's on there just in case I dont have them with me. The only gripes I have about it is the display is hard to see sometimes. Also learning to use some of the functions is a bit querky. As for the Sq, its better than any unit I have personally used.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.