clamping amp-whcih frequencys

Its no harder then burping them

---------- Post added at 03:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 PM ----------

Just make sure your gain is set at 0db to get the most unclipped reading possible

Its no harder then burping them 

---------- Post added at 03:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 PM ----------

Just make sure your gain is set at 0db to get the most unclipped reading possible
what do you mean by this?

i want to try a few different frequencies so what is a good sweep to do

You clamp your amp at your burp/peak frequency, so you can measure rise and output. Any other frequency will be misleading/irrelevant because it varies so wildly.
how do u know ur peak frequency? that was why i wanted to know what was a good range of frequencys so i could find out my peak output and rise

how do u know ur peak frequency? that was why i wanted to know what was a good range of frequencys so i could find out my peak output and rise
I suppose you could do it this way. It seems like it would be much easier with a TL. If you have no clue where your peak will be, you should probably test on a TL first to get a rough idea. At any rate, your peak will have the lowest output and highest rise. Below tuning very much and you'll have a VERY VERY low impedence. Much lower than nominal (what you wired to) and could cause damage.

i have them wired to 1 ohm so obviously i dont want to have full power at 1ohm with rise cuz the sub wont have any dampining if i am correct. i just want to try a range or frequencys that will show me my output and rise.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.