chrysler 300m

venice73

I have a 2000 chrysler 300m. I am having a problem with my subwoofers in the trunk hitting. The trunk houses (2) twelve inch alpine woofers being pushed by a kenwood 600 watt amp. They are turned towards the front and are up against the back seat. The guy at crutchfield says the woofers may need more power or maybe I should move the box around and find the trunks sweet spot??? Do I need a ported box or maybe should I get the woofers in their own seprate boxes and move the speakers around??

i guess the trunks on the 300's haven't gotten any better. i have an 07 charger rt and put 4 12's with 1200 watts in the trunk. i have gone through 8 sheets of mdf trying to build a box that sounds good and was getting really pist off because i took all the stereo stuff out my ext cab chevy( where it would knock the crap out you) and put it in the trunk and couldn't hardly hear it. I have fired them forward backward, upfire and downfire without getting the sound i wanted. I don't know if the 2000 model 300 has a hole in the rear deck panel for an 8 in factory sub like mine but i am going to build a bandpass box and fire the port up through that opening to totally bypass that p.o.s. trunk. Try putting your box in the back seat and see if you get the bass output you want. If you like it then like me your trunk is the problem and there is not a whole lot you can do but try to get the sound beyond the deck lid.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

venice73

venice73
olathe, ks
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
inapontiac