Choosing an amp for the Focal K2 Power 165 KRX3

Participant count
  • Participant list

engdb

Hi, Guys.

I got a good deal on the Focal K2 Power 165 KRX3 3-way component speakers.

These were originally not the speakers i ordered, but due to delays i got these for a really good price.

However, i'm a little bit confused about amping these bad boys.

Crutchfield says the following:

Important Note: Focal strongly recommends using a 4-channel amplifier to drive the 165KRX3 component system — two channels for the woofers and two channels to run the mids and highs. The 165KRX3 crossover can be set up to use a 2-channel amplifier, but it would present a load of less than one ohm per channel which most amps cannot handle safely.

Link: Focal K2 Power 165 KRX3 6-3/4" 3-way component speaker system at Crutchfield.com

I am thinking about using the infinity kappa four amp, it's got a decent price, very good reviews around the web, and i already own an infinity kappa one mono block which i'm very happy with.

Link: Infinity Kappa Four 4-channel amplifier — 125 watts RMS x 4 at Crutchfield.com

Will this amp do the trick?

Please help!

Thanks,

Daniel

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.