Chevy Tahoe Proposed Set Up (Speakers)

Participant count
  • Participant list

wareagle72
10+ year member

What do you guys think about running Infinity Reference 605cs Components up front and Infinity Kappa 62.5i in the back. Powered by a Rockford Fosgate 500x? Could I see a difference by going with the 700x? Any help would be appreciated.

Sorry if this should have gone in the Amplifier section

Thanks

ditch the speakers in the back and just upgrade to the infinity kappa components up front. you will see a noticeable difference. then power them up front with any 2 channel amp you want...a us acoustics usx2080 would be my choice.

-nate

I would like to stay in the $200 range for the front speakers. If I could save...great! There are so many speakers out there, I feel I need some guidance.

Budget on the amp is up to $250 for a nice 4 channel. As you can see I have not picked out a sub (or amp to power it yet). That will come later (summer)

Thanks for the replies

Originally posted by wareagle72 Well...I have already bought the Kappa's for the back. Maybe I need to Upgrade the front to a better speaker. Any suggestions? There are so many.
run them of the rear channels of the head unit

look into focal polyglass components from ebay...on there i bet you could find them for ~200 bucks if not less...

you will need an amp for them....you can get one for like 80-90 bucks. also, what size will you need?

-nate

Originally posted by wareagle72 I will look into the focal's. Thanks. I was lokking at the Rockford 500x or 700x. What do you think?
get an amp that could give them around ~75-80 watts...something close. im too lazy to go look at the specs on those amps. what are they? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

-nate

well you have to wire most speakers to 4 ohms, so dont worry about the 2ohm wattage. i would go with the 500x. i have 65 watts runnin to my speakers and its as loud/clear as i could want it. its good to be on the safe side and run your speakers below their RMS anyways.

-nate

Originally posted by wareagle72 Great info. Thanks. I guess I will be purchasing the 500x then. BTW, I found the Focal 6.5 Polyglass on eBay for less than $200 bucks.
sounds great man. good luck with the install. its gonna sound great //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

-nate

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.