Chevy Cruze Pioneer Sound System

Participant count
  • Participant list
The stage 4 is nice, however I'd still prefer something with a touchscreen. I'll follow your advice and stick my H800 in the passenger sidekick as well. That's a great plan you got for the controller. It's blue led would look nicely with the rest of the instrument panel/controls and stuff. I thought of maybe replacing the center console info screen with it if it's gonna be useless after installing the new HU.

I tried looking for a compatible amp for the JL sub but couldn't find any other than their own amp which I would never buy even if they offer discount. It sure is a weird way of marketing their amps and a good way of killing their subs.

there subs arent all that great anyway but any 1 ohm amp can power those subs fine u just need one with enough power. i think the alpine pdx is designed similar to the jl amps as well as the rockford constant power. as far as the ohm load power.

alpine power is the same 2-4ohm

rockford cp is 1-2ohm

jl is 1.5-4ohm this amp will NOT run 1ohm

the center console screen will still retain your ac notifications, gps directions, and onstar just not the radio notifications

What do you think of these Rockford speakers?

T2652-S

T1652

It's good to know the center info still would still function with a new HU. And I will stick with the Alpine HU instead of opting for the new touch screen nav. I figured it'd be easier to work with the new HU.

It's been a little difficult finding a tuned Cruze to get ideas from. Most people who buy this car probly don't see it's potential.

well cruzetalk has quite a nit of info and cruze owners on their forum, many just want performance upgrades and most arent very good with audio but there are a few good guys.

if you get rockford speakers stay away from the t2 comps they need way to much power to sound good. good friend of mine had 350w running to each one of his and they sound good but his high amp is just ridiculous t10004ad. the t1s have a better silk dome tweeter as to the t2s titanium dome

deadening the doors does wonders on these cars, once you seal up the holes the bass is so much cleaner. just watch out for the bottle holder which actually presses into the door. i just made my deadener make an indention for the door panel after having to cut up the first deadener layer.

p.s. only one layer on the inside panel of the door will fit if you want the door panel to fit back right

Just signed up on that website. I'm not really planning on tuning the car much, but I just wanna give it an extra oomp.

That's just ridiculous. That's a lot of power for component speakers. Not only that but I bet the amps pretty darn expensive giving out 1000W. What about the T1652-S? I thought the T2 comp was gonna be better with the aluminum phase plug compared to it's T1 counterpart.

Sounds like deadening this car's gonna be a lot of work. I'm gonna hire some friends to help for that job. I'll keep in mind to put only one layer to fit the door panels right back. Thanks.

So I'm off to the dealer to finally make my order for the car. Hope he doesn't put up much fight on giving me a discount.

good luck on that and the t1s are much better than the t2 they dont need as much power, but if your gonna get a high end set of speakers id price the memphis mcc6 as they will get even louder off of less power.

and deadening is a pain but its soooo worth it. i dont trust others working on my car i know itll get done right if i do it

Sorry this is gonna be offtopic:

So actually getting the car wasn't so easy. First lot I went to which I knew already had the 2012 model and closest to where I'm at only had one 2LT in stock. And it wasn't even the color I wanted. It was Black Granite with a power sunroof which I didn't want. However, the dealer was willing to shave off the price of the sunroof (-$900) but I didn't bite and instead went to another dealer. Turns out it's the only dealer in town with the 2012 2LT Cruze. So I did my research after coming home.

Earlier, I set forth on a trip to other dealers than I found are selling 2012 2LTs. Only 2 had a Crystal Red 2LT but they both come with a lot of extras like the touch screen nav, sun roof, or the interior isn't jet black. Until my search landed me in Wilmington, DE. Unfortunately, they don't have a 2012 2LT, but they do have a 2012 LTZ in Victory Red with the RS package. The good part is he's willing to shave off the price for the sun roof and net cargo ($900+)

So thinking bout going back to the dealership near my place and ask if he'd give me a good price if I order from his shop.

---------- Post added at 03:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 PM ----------

Sorry this is gonna be offtopic:

So actually getting the car wasn't so easy. First lot I went to which I knew already had the 2012 model and closest to where I'm at only had one 2LT in stock. And it wasn't even the color I wanted. It was Black Granite with a power sunroof which I didn't want. However, the dealer was willing to shave off the price of the sunroof (-$900) but I didn't bite and instead went to another dealer. Turns out it's the only dealer in town with the 2012 2LT Cruze. So I did my research after coming home.

Earlier, I set forth on a trip to other dealers than I found are selling 2012 2LTs. Only 2 had a Crystal Red 2LT but they both come with a lot of extras like the touch screen nav, sun roof, or the interior isn't jet black. Until my search landed me in Wilmington, DE. Unfortunately, they don't have a 2012 2LT, but they do have a 2012 LTZ in Victory Red with the RS package. The good part is he's willing to shave off the price for the sun roof and net cargo ($900+)

So thinking bout going back to the dealership near my place and ask if he'd give me a good price if I order from his shop.

personally i just walked on my local lot said i want that car and signed papers, i didnt know a thing about the car and didnt drive it until after i bought it. i did a little web research but i was really just buying on looks. if they'd had one with an rs package it'd be mine but my car was the second one at the dealer and had only been there 2 days. i bought a 1lt and it has everything i want, except cruise control which i didnt want because of the steering wheel controls. i will say the eco has the best rims performance wise and that the stick shift is a better trans though

I did a lil bit of research work and the 2LT is the best pick for me. And although I really love to drive a stick, I'm gonna choose the automatic just for the fun of having the remote start. And I haven't and don't even know how to drive automatic, seriously. Then I'm gonna trade in the wheels and tires and replace it with a set of 17" or 18" XXR 510 machine faced black wheels with possibly Bridgestone Potenza RE970AS or Pirelli P Zero Nero M+S tires. Also I have to agree with you, the initial reason I wanted the Cruze was coz of it's striking looks compared to other compacts. But after a lil reading I realized this car is more than just looks. The RS Package is pretty tempting but I've found a better looking aftermarket sporty look than the RS. I was disappointed when the 1LT, 2LT and Eco only came with automatic but now I wish it was standard. The Eco rims are definitely the best looking and best performing of the Cruze rims and I wished they offered it to other trims.

So going back to speakers, just had a talk with friends a while ago and one of them told I should take at look at these JBL models:

P660C comp speakers

P662 2-way speakers

Idk much about JBL on cars but I do have a 2.1 with sub JBL unit for my PC and it sounds good enough. Also, he mentioned a sub brand which I've never heard of - Stereo Integrity - and told me to look for BM MKIV. So I tried looking and found this brand is like the holy grail of some kind for subs. So I'm also betting it's gotta be worth a lot.

if you have a supplier for those xxr's let me know im looking at some sparco 18s right now. the jbls i have no experience with i have heard that the tweets were harsh but thats just hear say. and that stereo integrity is amazing just not in production yet should be soon though.

Currently, I haven't found a local supplier for those rims yet. But I did found them on this site xxr 510 rims and tires packages. xxr 510 machined w/ black wheels and tires packages at WheelsNext.com. So if I'm not able to find any local dealer then I might order it from that site. Sparco sells rims now? I'm so outdated. The JBLs have a connector on their speakers so you wouldn't have to solder wires on them. The Stereo Integrity BM MKIII subs aren't available on any stores though. Also, I couldn't find any Memphis speakers around.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.