Cherry Inlayed walnut mirror enclosure

CheЯRyMan

cherrymancustoms.com
Its currently still under construction the box is joined with wooden dowels to minimize hardware for clean looks inside the enclosure also the sanded cherry is very slick(like glass) so dowels and glue compliment one another. The Sinfoni sub logo is walnut inlayed into the cherry. Will be adding more walnut accents to highlight the logo. Acrylic mirrors will be pocketed into the sides that reflect the basket. The subs interior angled baffle will have a framed exterior wall.

The mirrors will be recessed in the wood Ill cut deeper groves/channels so the epoxy has a place to hold this will also make sure the glass lays flat in the pocket and has sufficient adhesive to make surface contact with the acrylic

After more feedback with my customer we decided to drop the mirrors and go with more walnut highlights. Also I suggested rather than hide the joinery lets use hand cut walnut plugs on the exterior to the bring out contrast against the cherry. A sinfoni inlay was added in the floor above the logo. I simple single white led strip will be added in a few days recessed in the top that will come on automatically when the trunk opens.

SWEET, dang do i need a cnc router table .....

Heh, I just noticed you are here in TN also ...cool...

Actually, after a closer look, that is badd azz man. I love the inlay plugs, nice touch and contrast ....

Thanks for the comments guys tuns out my customer used to be the US distributor for sinfoni and he shared the build with the current distributor of sinfoni and the Italian owner of the company they have expressed interest in permanently displaying it.

The wires for the sub and light power exit thru the front and I didnt want to have them running over

the front frame so I inlayed a walnut doughnut for a pass thru. I also recessed the leds and the wire in the top and cover the wire slot with walnut paste.

The Cherry hardwood enclosure is complete it has walnut inlays, plugs and panels for contrast. The bronze tinted acrylic window is internally lit with recessed white leds that automatically switch on through the trunk dome light.

Next up for this build will be a Acrylic framed window in a trunk recess for the amps.

Absolutely gorgeous !!!

This enclosure will find its way into my Acura TSX and be part of an all Sinfoni system.

I want to thank Cherryman Customs for an unbelievable, spectacular job. I have greatly enjoyed our conversations and the process this enclosure took us.... I'm looking forward to sending more business his way knowing those that choose Cherryman will get a product to be very proud of.

I can't wait to clear some time to drive to his,shop and pick up this amazing piece in person.

Once again, Thank you Sir !

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

CheЯRyMan

cherrymancustoms.com
CheЯRyMan
Jackson TN.
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from