Checking for output from HU RCA?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Uglypedro

CarAudio.com Newbie
No output from tweeters. Pioneer 4400 to Zapco ref 1000.4 to Morel 6 1/2 Hybrid components. Running active. Had high end shop set gains in amp and crossovers and eq in HU. suddenly no output from tweeters. Using a multimeter, I checked output from amp. 6 1/2 were getting power, but tweeters were not. Don't know how too check input to amp due to using Symbilinks. From HU, rcas connect halfway to amp with symbilink. Symbilink has green light showing power, which is light for REAR (6 1/2s) signal. The green light doesn't light up on FRONT (tweeter) symbilink, so obviously it isn't getting a signal. I switched symbilinks and it stayed dark on FRONT signal, Using a multimeter, how do I check the female RCA outputs at the HU?

Using the probes on the muiltimeter, it is much easier to test the male side of a rca cable. The center pin + and the outer ring is - . Test for AC voltage.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...