Cheapo system, please advise...

Participant count
  • Participant list

wesleysh
10+ year member

Senior VIP w/large Member
Michigan
I am finally going to get my crappy Eclipse back. Ok, its not that crappy, but its no Caddy, lol. I currently have no stereo in the car, not even factory, so I have to start from scratch. I figured, instead of throwing just anything in there, I'll put something in there that's at least worth having. Since I just spent so much on putting a stereo in my other car, I can only mentally justify spending about $500-700. I will be installing this myself, my first complete install.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif I need my HU to at least LOOK expensive, so I can jack the price up on the car when/if I sell it. I would also like 2 sets of preouts on it. This is what the system looks like so far.

HU

Rockford Fosgate RFX-9000 $199

Fronts

Infinity Reference 5.25" components $115

Front amp

JBL BP180.2 (90 x 2) $145

Sub

JL Audio 12w0 $99

Sub amp

MTX4202 (200 x 1 bridged mono) $-laying around the house-

Is the difference between the Kappa and Reference series enough to pay $50 more for? Is there a better sub under $100 for a SQ/SPL combo? Got a better idea for a deck?

the kappa perfect series are better than references, but whatever YOU like better is what counts. dont do what others say, otherwise you're a followa.

you can ask opinions, but go for what you like and we'll ALL be happy //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif :D

My definition of a "better" component set is one that puts out lower/louder undistorted bass and is capable of clearer music at high volume. Because I tweek so much, the natural sound tendecies of speakers aren't important to me. That's all I meant by the "difference" in the two series.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.