changing amps=change wires????

I wanna know why this guy has to keep referencing washers and dryers...this isn't the freakin' home improvement forum. Stick to caraudio, and help this guy. Besides, how can a guy talking about washers and dryers think he knows more than a VIP member? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif

Look he needs schooling because he is suposed to know you need a bigger alternator and a secondary battery and he is suposed to know that the length of the wire from the secondary battery is only 2 1/2 feet to the fuse block and he is not using peak power he is suposed to calculate the real usable watts rating RMS he is calculating from 3400 watts and this is not real numbers this is advertising numbers company use to atract customers

the real numbers are 2403.8 watts RMS the real usable power and 178 amps @ 2 1/2 feet of #4g wire. wow fire? I dont thing so. in the only place he need a #0g wire is from the primary battery to the secondary and olso a 100 amp fuse, is this so dificult to understand? I dont like to argue but I tough i was talking to someone who untherstand that in that kind of set up you need 2 batteries and a capacitor. fron the fuse block to the cap the wire is only 1 foot from the cap to the amp 1 more foot. is this going to start a fire? again I dont think so. And look Im not talking about washers I used it as a reference once to make my point if they keep talking about it is my foult //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

them dam batteries seem like loads to me:rolleyes: I wonder where the power will come from At 14.4v? did you want to add a isolator OR high current relay?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif to hard for me. I think that changes everything:crazy: peak power/RMS power---//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif I use the amp draw that the co gives me. which I hear is 114A per 1200jbl. CAPs too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif hope you don't advise to get a big one. 100A fuse? because I still need school makes me think 100A would be a bit small for the system and 0 guage wire. Not even counting the fact the the wire maybe too small causing losses

Originally posted by Roberto the real numbers are 2403.8 watts RMS the real usable power and 178 amps @ 2 1/2 feet of #4g wire. wow fire? I dont thing so. in the only place he need a #0g wire is from the primary battery to the secondary and olso a 100 amp fuse, is this so dificult to understand? I dont like to argue but I tough i was talking to someone who untherstand that in that kind of set up you need 2 batteries and a capacitor. fron the fuse block to the cap the wire is only 1 foot from the cap to the amp 1 more foot. is this going to start a fire? again I dont think so. And look Im not talking about washers I used it as a reference once to make my point if they keep talking about it is my foult //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
So now he's mounting his amps 2 1/2 feet from the battery?? also, as chris said...JL's draw is 114..meaning a 100A fuse would not quite cover it

This is what I hate about car audio. How can anyone learn how to install a nice and clean system when no one can agree on the simplest things like ------- wire gauge

good point chris I second that. Heh. Wait till this guy gets to subwoofers or something, all hell will break lose:)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.