changer and radio

man to install a cd changer is very basic..... did you say you only have the radio on it....if so you will need a fm modulator...... theres ground, the ignition switch wire, the power wire, then a little box(antenna switching unit) that hooks up to where your antenna plug goes and the antenna plug goes into that little box, and the last wire goes into the display unit.......its really easy if i explained it badly just feel free to ask questions and ill go into more depth about it

Yes it is fairly simple if you want to set it up on an FM signal feed. No using the factory head unit does not have any advantages in fact it probably has disadvantages more so.....It can not control the changer in a single unit like most aftermarket heads and you will have a separate controller for that. It tends to get generally annoying but is posible and very easy to do.

What kind of car is it? AAMP of America makes a great deal of factory decks to aftermarket changers. This way you can keep the stereo you have and buy the aftermarket changer that plays your CDR's. Let me know what year and model of car you have and I'll tell you who the manufacture is. Most likely Clarion, or Alpine.

Originally posted by Dynboy What kind of car is it? AAMP of America makes a great deal of factory decks to aftermarket changers. This way you can keep the stereo you have and buy the aftermarket changer that plays your CDR's. Let me know what year and model of car you have and I'll tell you who the manufacture is. Most likely Clarion, or Alpine.
re read his post.... he has an expedition......they are not too old and have not changed much as far as whom makes the equipment and what the equipment is on the inside....

I beg to differ! The factory decks when expos first came out were by Clarion. But some of the changers were produced by Alpine, with Clarion decks. Ironic! The change even occurs durning mid year models. Yes, I guess I did overlook that you had a expo. Look inside your door jam and get the month and year vehical was made, and I'll let ya know.

Originally posted by Dynboy I beg to differ! The factory decks when expos first came out were by Clarion. But some of the changers were produced by Alpine, with Clarion decks. Ironic! The change even occurs durning mid year models. Yes, I guess I did overlook that you had a expo. Look inside your door jam and get the month and year vehical was made, and I'll let ya know.
Glad you know your ****......is always nice to have another educated and/or experienced person hangin around....What's ur background?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.